My first anatomically correct doll

Hi

I wanted to let you all know that I am still practicing my hobby. If I am not posting on correct board, please let me know. I just want feedback if there is anything else I need to do on these dolls. They are Xmas gifts for my daughter in laws

11 Likes

I am so glad to see that you are back to the forum. You are doing great! and what a wonderful Christmas gifts you created! Love both of them.

Thank you I have given away dolls to my sisters. I needed this as much therapy for myself as they needed therapy for themselves. One of my sisters almost lost her life to renal failure. The other sister’s son passed away in his 30’s to diabetes complications. She chose a doll that looked like him when he was a baby.

2 Likes

That is heartbreaking, but what I great therapeutic purposes those dolls serve for someone whom you love so much!

I am so sorry for the very hard things your family has experienced. Life is so hard sometimes.

Your babies are beautiful! It looks to me like you have natural talent for painting little ones! I paint for stress relief, but I am so slow at it…

I am slow at it too. I paint for stress too. I am using air dry paints because of my asthma. I experiment with different color combinations and tinting colors. The air dry paints I use are pre-mixed (I think I am telling you correctly). I love the babies painted with Genesis Heat Set paints.

1 Like

My Joe I gave to another sister for her birthday. I have 7 sisters. My first rooting with a forked German needle.

9 Likes

If I post too much, let me know please.

Glad to see you back here, Evelyn! Your babies are beautiful! So sorry for all the difficulties you’re dealing with. Life can be so challenging at times.

They are beautiful babies! Love Joe, too!!

Thank you and you are right. I love looking at your work. It gives me inspiration.

1 Like

Thank you. I watch all of your work too. In fact, I give all of you here credit. You all inspire me.

1 Like

Your babies are very sweet. I would maybe deepen the eyelid crease a bit more.

Thank you for the tip.

1 Like