My dementia dolls are done

My 5 dolls for the dementia programme at my local hospital have been picked up by the doctor who ordered them Hope they make some old people smile!!!

37 Likes

Very cute!

1 Like

That’s awesome !!! What’s the criteria for dementia dolls?

1 Like

Yep, they make me smile, lol!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Awwwww they are all so very beautiful. I hope each one brings a little more joy to the ones who need it!!!

2 Likes

I am new to this too. I looked up therapy dolls and followed some of the suggestions I found. Painted hair or bald so they are easy to clean. Lighter than a usual reborn so easy to hold. Cuddly. I have tried to dress them in older fashioned clothes and have crocheted blankets.

2 Likes

They’re adorable!! I’m sure they will bring lots of smiles. :blush:

1 Like

They are darling. What a lovely thing to do!

1 Like

Thanks !!! I plan on making some in the future for female Veterans at my job and was wondering.

1 Like

They are so pretty!!!

1 Like

Oh they are soooo lovely!!

1 Like

I put all the stuffing in the kit bags then put that into the body. That way if they get wet or if the have to wipe the body with something to clean it, the stuffing will not get wet. Cuts back on the chance of mildew.

4 Likes

They are adorable!!!

1 Like

They are lovely.

1 Like

Awwwww how awesome!! I love the one in yellow!! They are all so beautiful. I wish i knew about this hobby when my Nana was alive and suffering from Alzheimer’s. 20 yrs she suffered until she forgot who everyone was and lost the ability to talk, walk and eventually lost the ability to eat and drink. May you be blessed for allowing these wonderful elderly people to have some joy in their lives!! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Great idea!!

1 Like