My Armature in Sandie

I ordered an armature for Sandie and it was great for her legs, but barely went into the arm holes. So what do I do? I order another one in a different size. It came with one arm disconnected and one of the little plastic pieces broken. I took the broken piece off and followed the instructions that the company I bought it from said to use to get it back together without that special tool. It did not work- I guess I am not strong enough. So I went back to the original armature. I guess I must be doing something wrong. I can hear it creak when I pose her and although it does allow for some cute upper body poses, it does not keep her standing on her own very well. I am really disappointed. I liked her painting, but I am tired of messing with her :frowning: I have at least 6hours into the armature only to find it does not work that great. I guess this is why so many made her without an armature.

1 Like

Mine had the same problem. I took off the first 4 links on the arms and they fit better. I haven’t assembled mine yet so I don’t know how it will go. Somebody here said she made hers without armature and it stands independently. Maybe it depends on how tightly you stuff her.

1 Like

I took out four links too. The first armature is 3/8" (or supposed to be, not sure it is) the second is the 1/4". I think the 1/4 might fit better, but I don’t really want to buy the tool to put it back together. I think it was 34 dollars and would only work with the same size armature, so i could not use it to adjust the 3/8." I will be watch for how yours comes together. I am sure at this point I have lost my patience, which does not help.

1 Like

Same here. I bought an Armature for Sandie thinking she would be able to stand on her own but she can;t. My armature was too big so I had to buy one of those stupid tools to fix it. If I would have know it was not going to help her stand I would not have used it at all. I mean, posing the arms is kind of nice but not really worth the whole frustration.

1 Like

I totally agree! I bought two stupid armatures. I am trying to decide if I want to reweight again and see if I can get it any better, leave it as is, or take the armature out and consider it an education. I was feeling like I flunked armatures 101 until I noticed that some who did use armatures still have their dolls on stands in their pictures or never actually show the doll’s feet. I think maybe these work better in other sculpts. What a waste of time and money.

1 Like

crscrafts.com has armature just for arms. If the whole armature doesn’t work for me, I may just use the upper part of the one I have. Can you return the tool you bought?