Moment of truth!

BOL with her! I’m watching and cheering her on!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

watching

2 Likes

I think she’s lovely! :heart_eyes: Too bad I don’t have the funds right now.

2 Likes

Lol… I was thinking the exact same thing :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I guess you’re right :grimacing:… We’re all bound to get that number for our feedback at some point :smile:

1 Like

She is gorgeous - her mommy will find her before long, no doubt

1 Like

yes :slight_smile:But id you really worry about it I am sure you can just buy something you need and it will be sorted.
But then again, I read somewhere that it is not 666 but actually 616.

2 Likes

she’s beautiful to me. I don’t see anything wrong with her. Now if i absolutely had to find something,it might be her light complexion. I can see her undertones and spot what you did but i think the undertones are blending in a little too much.Might meed to stand out more. But you could be going for a flawless baby and well there you go. I think you got that one down pat! I think it’s just a slow time.

1 Like

If I were in the market for a reborn, I’d snatch her up! I love her pale skin- many infants have this exactly. I have been trying to accomplish this effect myself as my niece was almost translucent for the first 3 years of her life. I remain absolutely gob smacked at her hair!

3 Likes

She is breathtaking!

1 Like

She is very pretty but her sculpt is not one that is popular so it may take a little longer to find a Mommy with that said it is also a very slow season right now. I have several listed 5 I think between 150-350 and no interest other then in the Limited editions and they ask if I will drop the price to 200-225

2 Likes

I hope the reborn market isn’t getting slogged down with all the fakes and factory made China-dolls.

2 Likes

Maybe everyone is just too broke like me haha. I watched an auction from a great artist last week she is a higher end artist and the baby was a SOLE. She started at .99 and the baby only sold for 152.70 I was so shocked, heck the kit cost more then that but she did not have a reserve price so it sold. I am praying Christmas season ends up being good this year.

2 Likes

Oh no! That would be awful!

1 Like

I find that1st 1/2 of a year is always slow, then sales start to pick up from about now. I have had many dolls (and other items) that just sat there for weeks, months and some took about a year, and then suddenly were snatched. Who knows why. My last weird experience was with a piece of furniture, which was not the right shape for me, and therefore was in my way, and I finally listed it on eBay. It was solid wood, originally about $500 but I would have happily given it to anybody who would just take it. But as nobody I knew wanted it, I decided to list it on eBay, put it as an auction starting at $5, thinking it gets bid up, but it did not sell. So dusted it bit more, ran wood polish over it, took new pics, and started it at 99c, but included $50 BIN. It was gone within half an hour as a BIN!

There are ways to attract more people, and especially hold attention of people who look through all the dolls listed.
1 - really good pics, especially the one that appears in the index (you have that covered well)
2 - when people are scrolling through all the dolls listed, most of the dolls look the same in those little pics. In the past, it was possible to put a frame around your photos, which made them stand out, but that is not allowed, and if you do it your listing will be taken off. But it is possible to place a bright easily noticeable object in the first photo, but again you must be careful, because according to eBay rules the photos should not contain anything that is not part of what is being sold. But placing something like paci, maybe with bright ribbon, in the corner of the photo will mean not only it will attract attention, but if somebody looks at your listing but does not save it, and then some time later thinks maybe yours was rather nicer than those they saw later, it will not be too difficult to find it again.
3 - Put in the title as many words that you think people would use in their search. The key words most buyers would use when looking for baby would be “reborn” and “baby” and “doll”; then some would narrow it to their favorite sculptor and kit. Then such things as “sold out LE” may attract buyers, or glass eyes, or DD mohair. And that usually takes all the space. But I am sure nobody searches with key words like “gorgeous” or “realistic” - mainly because so many very dolly babies are described as the most realistic. Having well chosen title will help to bring attention of people who do narrow their search.

5 Likes

This was some great information! Thank you!

Thank you for the info.

I think she’s a beauty. You could try a brighter outfit and showing more other face. Could be vacation season no ones spending money. She will sell if she hasn’t already.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I put her on reborns.com and she sold the same day. I did lower her price though. You do what you have to do, I have such limited space, I can’t hold on to them for long. There are two more waiting to be “born” lol.

4 Likes