Mohair question?

Do you use anything to keep baby’s hair in place? Every time I pick my doll up or move her her hair gets crazy, even though her rooting is wonderful. I fix it with water and a toothbrush, but when it’s dry it’s all over.

1 Like

Someone once mention that hair gel helps not sure as I haven’t tried it. I use Johnson’s no more tangles detangling spray in the greenish bottle - 1 part to 4 parts distilled water.

1 Like

Do you think it helps keep it neat?

Yes it does but if you are putting a hat on and off I don’t think anything would keep her hair neat. I don’t use hats and I don’t role play with the babies I am a dress them and sit there looking cute kind a girl. lol!

3 Likes

And what color clothing should I avoid so I don’t stain her vinyl?

My baby’s hair is getting messy just by leaning her against my arm :joy:

1 Like

Dark colors, blue black red!

1 Like

Not at all or do I have to just wash them first? Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Awe I’ve been using human hair and paint larger babies I don’t have much experience with mohair.
Wash them first but even then I put tights on them, boys too, lol.

1 Like

Some people like the rooted hair glued in place to keep it neat.

2 Likes

Also can e6000 make me sick from only using it once? I read all the warnings and modified my pacifiers outside. I did bring them inside after about an hour. My throat feels like it’s burning and I’m a little lightheaded. I maybe just be panicking and making myself sick because of the warning. That cancer threat scared me.

1 Like

Some people are sensitive to it. Maybe you need an alternative like super or gorilla glue. I hope you used gloves.

1 Like

I didn’t. :grimacing: I used qtips though. I won’t need to use it again!

E6000 does have some toxicity and some people are sensitive to it. I prefer not to take a chance. I use super glue to attach the magnet to the pacifier and cover it with Dr. Scholl’s moleskin. I glue the magnet on the inside with Aleene’s Tacky Glue and put the magnetized pacifier on the mouth to hold the one inside in place until the glue dries. Then I put glue or moleskin over the magnet in the head to make it more secure.

1 Like