Mohair expensive

Does anyone know where’s a good link to mohair which is more afforable for the money…?
I’ve found Karen Dolls on Etsy but are there other places to look for mohair That’s less expensive…?

1 Like

You mean karmandolls? It is the best! Easiest to work with And most affordable. I usually spend $40 and get free shipping and get tons of hair that root quite a few dolls sparsely.

I was using ruby red and it cost more for less hair. And it doesn’t root easily. It was the most affordable before I found karmandolls

2 Likes

Then Karmendolls is the answer for me…!:blush:

2 Likes

Not sure if this is helpful but I get all my mohair from RH Lindsey Wool Company. You have to color it yourself but the prices are unbeatable. I raise sheep so I routinely dye their wool to spin. Dying is not that difficult and you can buy fine quality mohair in bulk for about $13 a pound. This is where many doll supply companies buy from so you can essentially eliminate the middle man if you want to save $$$. Yes, there’s some extra work involved but since I already dye my own wool, it works for me. Plus, you have the freedom to create whatever color you want.

3 Likes

Love the buy it by the pound option;
I don’t know anything about dying mohair tho
I didn’t see any colours like dark brown or black… just white… would be ideal if they had a few more colours …
I’d never have to buy mohair ever again lol

I get mine from KarmanDolls on Etsy. It’s washed, combed, dyed, conditioned and ready to root. It’s inexpensive, shiny, soft and roots with little waste. Free shipping with orders over $35.00. Olga’s great to work with. I ordered raw mohair by the pound once. There were bugs and other debris in it. It was hard to comb and separate. I never even got to the dyeing. Never again. It’s worth it to me to buy it already processed.

3 Likes

Is it free shipping to Canada too… or just the US…?
I’m Definitely going to purchase from them…:heavy_heart_exclamation:

I’m not sure. She’s in Russia. You could contact her and ask, though.

1 Like

Karman Doll is your best bet. It will take a long time to arrive however

I started buying hair from Breezy Ridge about a year ago. It’s excellent! Much better than any of the expensive river I’ve purchased somewhere else. She mostly has alpaca though not mohair, which I find a lot softer, stronger and more realistic looking/feeling for babies :slight_smile:

There’s also Karen Dolls I just found out too…!
I’m gonna check out yours too :blush:

All these babies have Karman mohair. It’s beautiful and easy to root. Plus, it smells amazing. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes…I Definitely want to go with the Karmen Dolls…!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like