Mohair comparison

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if there is mohair/alpaca that is as high of quality as J’s mohair. I’m looking for two different kinds - straight black alpaca, and a dark brown mohair with a lot of wave, but not tight curl…I have some straight black mohair by J’s that I just adore, but I haven’t been able to get more and I’ll need it for an upcoming baby. I’ve never used Slumberland but I’ve heard the quality is good. If you have a really good brand you use, could you post a pic of the hair preferably rooted so I can see it? I would appreciate it so much!

1 Like

Silk effex

7 Likes

I love the wave of the first one…it’s very close to what I’m looking for! Thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Her mohair is really great and it’s almost all I use but she only lists every two weeks or so and it sells out in minutes. She used to have a schedule listed on her site but it’s not up anymore

2 Likes

Pm’ing you!

Ugh… Just like J’s, and I airways miss it Lol!

1 Like

I am looking for a nice silky black straight mohair for my Asian baby also. If you’ll find it somewhere please let me know . Thank you!

1 Like

Nice rooting @hellbunny33!

1 Like

Thank you @YelenaRey.

1 Like

I have been using Silk Effex hair for YEARS! These are a few of my recent examples.

4 Likes

Your talent completely blows me away. If I could only root half as well. Amazing girl!!

1 Like

Wow! Gorgeous rooting! Beautiful hair!

1 Like

Slumberland is quite wavy but I was able to wet it and brush it straight. It’s really nice soft hair. I did my Twin A combi with it.

4 Likes

Gorgeous! I just love your babies! I just bought some Slumberland from my hair dealer @Skylar, but have never used it before!

1 Like

Sent you a PM

This was only my second time using it. I was worried about not being able to make it look straight but it worked out quite well. I wet it and brushed it straight and I didn’t touch it until it was dry.