Million dollar baby

Ok maybe not a million but 8500.00

I remember back in the day some prototypes babies would get some crazy bids. I remember a baby going for 14K, a vinyl baby!!! anyone else remember those days?

Well it seems they are back, sorta.

This is a silicone, and it is pretty damn awesome but 8500.00 kinda awesome?

Even if it is worth it I can’t imagine paying that much for a doll, but back then I was worried I had over priced a baby at 325.00.

I think its just a little more shocking, with sales being slow for so many, maybe this is an omen of good things to come?

4 Likes

She doesn’t look all that to me…
Let’s see…I need to replace my furnace and just got a quote of $7100 for that so…

3 Likes

Eh. The sculpt and painting are nice. But the hair…not the best ive seen. And for that much? Nah.

I give the artist credit for dreaming big tho. Lol

1 Like

Is this a case of buyers remorse or (more likely, in my opinion) somebody looking to make a quick buck (or lots) on a flip?

I wonder what her original purchase price was.

Found it. 8,252.64

4 Likes

One of Romie Strydom’s silicones sold on eBay for $20,000.00. If I never had to consider money again, I’d buy one of hers in a heartbeat!.

5 Likes

I believe Joanna Ks silicone Loulous were $20k.

Faithfully Made owns them if I remember correctly

*I went and looked :wink: asleep and awake

No idea on price confirmation… but heard 20k each

2 Likes

Apart from the high price, she’s had the doll for a week and is already reselling? I’m wondering if it’s buyers remorse or a husband saying “that’s not happening” or something.

5 Likes

@EnchantedOrphanage I would say you hit the nail on the head!!!

And…yes…I remember those days!!! It was msotly ebay auctions…that’s where most reborns were sold then. Bidding wars were common…because there were only a couple prototypes…and editions were truly limited, many being less than 1k. Yes…sometimes i missed out on a popular kit bc they sold out in minutes…but that was ok…it kept the market from being what it is today…:tired_face:

5 Likes

That is just ridiculous I don’t care who you are. I would never ask or pay $20,000 for a doll. Honestly, I can’t see myself asking $8,000 either and I certainly would not pay that. I try to price my dolls in a range that I would be willing to pay for it if I were buying the same doll. I try to be realistic about my own work.

4 Likes

Holy smokes! There is no way i could justify spending that kind of money on a doll.

2 Likes

No way :roll_eyes: I have 4 listed at $400 right now and they’re not selling. I don’t see any mega sales on the horizon for the average reborner. Seems people would rather buy gas and groceries. Damn :joy:

BUT…sure, why not? She bought it and somebody will probably come along and buy it from her. Some people have more money than brains.

7 Likes

Lucky them. :rofl:

3 Likes

I wish lol, I just sold my Emmy for $350, because I really need some dolly money :grimacing:
But I say If you can make that kind’ve money, good for you! I’m sure they must have plenty of money if they’re spending it on a doll :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

No way…

1 Like

Holy! That is wild. No wonder we get so many new baby painters every year! If I was making just 2,000 on a baby I would paint all day and night, then buy myself a private island.

1 Like