Milk bump tips?

My customer wants milk bumps on her babies. Any tips on how to make them look realistic?

Just try to make them really small, almost barely noticeable. I used to use the tip of a broken/bent rooting needle dipped slightly in paint to get a tiny dot but I haven’t done them in years. I’d practice on a test part if you had one, just to get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I mix a teeny tiny bit of my color with thinning medium and put them in one by one with the tip of a needle

4 Likes

I think there’s a video on YouTube. I don’t usually do them, but I think you do a tiny dot of a blush/red color, and then a tiny dot of white/yellow on top. You can use the tip of a needle to get them very small.

1 Like

This is how I do it.

1 Like

I mix nail tip with thick medium and use a snapped off rooting needles (one of the broken ones )

1 Like

I use a safety pin or rooting needle tip. For the color, I use nail tip, and a decent amount of yellow ochre so that they don’t end up super white. I like to do them early on in my layers so that they mellow out a bit as I continue painting the rest of the doll

1 Like

May I ask at what point milk bumps should be done? After all coloring, I guess.
I want to try them on Elisha.

1 Like

It looks better if it is under a few layers

2 Likes

I do some about halfway through the layers. Then after another layer or two of paint I add some more dots. Then more layers of paint. I usually have 2-3 rounds of milk dots so that some look more subtle than others.

Little Miss Maven is often my inspiration

4 Likes

Those look perfect, and that baby is just beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Miss Eliza :slight_smile:

8 Likes

And Miss Teddy :grin:

They vary so much on each baby!

7 Likes

Very different on each baby. Achilles mainly just had them on his nose, like Teddy. But Maven and Eliza had them all over.

4 Likes

Her eyebrows though. Perfect example pic. :heart_eyes:

Wow his are big!!! Teddy had them everywhere, but they were so itty bitty the camera missed them sometimes

6 Likes

Ooohh. This pic shows them great :heart_eyes:

All of the babies are so precious and so different. Nora didn’t really have any milk bumps at all.

6 Likes

Wow! What pretty skin. She’s so beautiful!

1 Like