Micro preemie clothing

I’m looking for outfits for a 16 inch baby, but am having a hard time finding anything that isn’t pretty expensive.

Anyone know where to buy less expensive clothes this size, OR have any really easy sewing patterns?

Maybe a stupid question, but has anyone tried actual doll clothes for their preemies or found anything decent quality?

2 Likes

What price range are you looking for? Etsy and babyprem.com have cute preemie clothes.

3 Likes

I buy doll clothes for them. Pyjamas or dress.

4 Likes

I can’t find anything for Zacky Winters, He’s stated as a 9" doll but he’s 8". I might be giving up on these littles.

2 Likes

Look here - she does a variety of tiny sizes and has great quality. This is where I get mine…

4 Likes

I got the micro preemie clothes from carter’s (preemie under 5lbs) for two 15 inch babies I did, and as long as you wait until there’s a sale or you have a coupon code they aren’t very expensive at all!

4 Likes

I’ve looked on Etsy, but after shipping costs, it’s quite spendy to find something cute. Maybe I’m just cheap…ha!
I checked out that other site. Prices are pretty good, but it won’t let me estimate shipping to the US, but if it’s reasonable, that looks like a good option. Thanks!

2 Likes

babyprem.com has sleepers and onesies for babies up to 1.5 lbs. They should fit Zachy. preemiestore.com also has micro preemie clothes but they’re more expensive.

3 Likes

I wish I could say it would. But this is his body. Sorry his head is out for rooting but you can see there is no way. He is so tiny. If I use the measurements on others clothes he needs a 7” outfit

This is up to 1.5 lbs

1 Like

Do you buy them anywhere in particular? (Wondering if there’s difference in quality)

1 Like

I’ve bought some preemie clothes from here and I thought they were pretty reasonable and cute.

3 Likes

Try Etsy 8" reborn clothes. Cute stuff as small as 5"-6".

3 Likes

Wish or Amazon or Walmart. They are almost all the same. Not really high quality but cheap and cute.

2 Likes

Amazon has some preemie clothes under $10. You could do that and shrink in the wash/dry?
You could also try small shops. I’m in several small shop groups on Fb if your on FB

2 Likes

Woobiebabies on etsy has really cute handmade outfits, worth a look. Her stuff goes fast.

1 Like

Nothing I liked so far in his size. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I use Carter’s and Gerber for 16in. Babies. They fit fine and are affordable

If you look up Marita Winer’s website, she has someone who makes clothes for her mini babies. There aren’t many options but there are a few outfits to choose from… I think her website is winters whimsies

1 Like

Just want to say, even if you never found clothes for them, there will still be collectors willing to buy.

The majority of my dolls are 1/12 dollhouse babies and are undressed or never had clothes.

I love the littles and the tinys, even if they never have a wardrobe. :two_hearts:

Also, I’ve found some of what Amazon sells as “preemie” turns out to just be newborn size when it arrives.
Case in point, the Thirstiest brand diaper cover bought from Amazon for my Bindi was described as preemie but is clearly marked newborn on the tag. She can wear it because it doesn’t fall off, but comes up almost to her armpits.

I never order from Wish. I don’t trust that site at all. Their prices are too good to be true and I’ve seen too many posts and photos on what people got compared to what they expected.