Messed up mottle

Hi there everyone! I tried to some blue mottling on my Bella’s head. I accidentally put it on too dark
Usually I would strip with Winsor and Newton brush cleaner and restorer but I am out of it. And I I heard they changed the formula so it may not strip. Is there anything else I can use? Can I neturalize it?. I’m trying to paint a ginger/redhead. Here’s some pictures:

Thanks,

Julie

1 Like

Personally I would try to strip or at least fade it with rubbing alcohol

1 Like

Oh my… I don’t think you can make that disappear without stripping and I think there will be residual even after stripping.

2 Likes

I would try to strip it with 91% alcohol. However you still might see some colors. As Reborn With Me tutorials was saying ‘Veining is staining’.
I would also suggest to plug mottling holes much smaller.

3 Likes

Mute it as much as you can with alcohol and Q-tips. No need to strip the whole head. Then paint over it with flesh.

1 Like

Thanks! What color flesh? 08?

07 or 08…

It won’t disappear with stripping, but it might lighten to look like veins?

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I tried stripping the mottle with nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol. Neither worked. So if maybe a lost cause. It didn’t even lighten it. It was just the head and not the limbs. I wonder if doing her as a darker baby may cover it?

Probably not, unless it’s very dark. You could try acetone on a Q-tip. Some of the newer nail polish removers don’t contain acetone and aren’t as strong. You also could try sanding it off with a nail file or superfine sandpaper.

1 Like

I’ve thought about using goof off. I heard it stinks really bad and I don’t know how much ventilation I have in my painting room.

I don’t know where you live, but could you do it outside?

2 Likes

I think I could

1 Like