May be a silly question

What’s the difference between Xodus thinning oil and liqathin? Are they used the same way? I’m confused :thinking:

Xodus has been anctually answered as being a heat set agent. It makes the pigments you mix with it heat set. Example i mix it with winton oils and they become heat set at that point. The liquithin from what i understand is not branded as being heat set specifical but rather a thinner medium to use with ihsp paints. I tried using liquithin with my winton oils and they didnt cure right. Im no expert and im sure a few who have experience with both will chime in soon!

Thank you. Can Xodus thinning oil be mixed with Genesis paints to make thicker?

1 Like

Thicker no, its an oil so it will thin, but yes it can be mixed with genesis

Xodus can be mixed with Genesis and it cures wonderfully. It is not a thickener. IMO it makes the paints flow more like a retarder does air dry paints.

Liquithin I think is also a heat set agent, but Esther has said that her paint line will not mix successfully with traditional oils. So that would explain why it does not mix well with Winton oils.

On a side note, BC Paints Liquid Medium works in both Genesis and Wintons. I have tried it. I have not tried it in IRHSP because I sold my paints and have none at the moment. I “think” BCPaints is some type of synthetic oil or otherwise oil and I am not so sure it has a heating agent in it or not. I am still trying to figure that out.

Thank you Ladies. This is all alittle confusing with all these new things. Another question, can Xodus thinning oil be mixed with regular odorless thinning mediums?

Yes, i use it with gamsol

1 Like