Mary jo love

This doll has absolutely stolen my heart. @DMHStudio did an amazing job sculpting her. I know for a fact I won’t be able to let her go. I had to give in and take some quick pics before painting

14 Likes

I’m painting her right now too. She is so stinking cute. Did you see that Doris is having a Mary Jo painting contest? The info is on Facebook. Winner gets to paint a prototype. :blush:

2 Likes

I did and was excited to enter. But unfortunately it’s decided by likes and not by artistic merit. I don’t have any sort of following to vote for me, and I’d rather not stress just to be disappointed. I understand prototypes are about advertising ability, but I have no chance to win a popularity contest.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m disappointed in that too. It’s a popularity contest instead of a talent contest. But in a way that’s how prototypes are. They don’t want to give prototype jobs to people without a huge following. But I still don’t like it.
Also, she said prototype artists get about 3 weeks to complete a prototype. I can’t do that. My babies take forever. I can do alternatives faster if I need to. But Sarah Mellman gives about 6-8 weeks to get them done. I managed to complete my prototypes Hans and Anna Banana in less than 2 weeks. But my Benny Minotaur took about a month. I like doing them for Sarah. I never feel stressed for time.

2 Likes