Making rooting a little faster / enjoyable lol

Hey there everyone !
So im working in twins A and B ( as you might have seen in previous posts lol. )Im always updating the mom on rooting when i get done a good chunk lol. It has taken me 3 days to do the whole front of her head,now i need to do the back and i still have her sister to do lol. Rooting hasnt really been my fav thing but i shouldnt feel as stressed about it as i do :0
How do you guys make rooting bearable so that it doesnt seem like a “chore” lol . Ive tried watching movies etc . Lol any tips would be appreciated or even moral support lol. Everytime she asks how the rooting is going i sigh because it just seems to drag lol. And im rooting for about 4 hrs in spurts so about 6-8 hrs a day

7 Likes

Believe it or not, some people actually like it. I find it very tedious and not fun.

5 Likes

I am one who actually enjoys it. I love to see the patterns that I mapped out form. I wouldn’t be able to do anything like watch tv. I have to keep my eye on each and every hair that I insert in the head. I guess I like monotony…lol

5 Likes

I listen to movies, tv shows, audio books, and podcasts. You really have to get in the right mental state that it is going to take a long time, in multiple sessions. Getting in a comfortable position, and thinking of it as a time to let my brain be entertained with stories while I root, really helps me.

4 Likes

I turn on a good audio book. Or I’ll put on a tv series that I’ve already seen, like The Office. A show that you don’t have to pay close attention to but is still entertaining. I think it’s relaxing until it starts giving me a headache :rofl:. It’s my only time I have an excuse to sit and watch tv for hours!

3 Likes

I haven’t found a way to make it enjoyable. Even with my favorite TV shows/music/audio books I still absolutely hate it.

4 Likes

I’m with @EnchantedOrphanage

1 Like

I love rooting. The key is to not let the heads pile up. Paint one, root one :wink: I listen to podcasts, sit outside on my swing when the weather (and the head) allows, and root sparsely. I trim as I go so I can see where I want to go back and fill in. Using a salt lamp bulb inside the head will also make the vinyl softer and make rooting go more quickly.

3 Likes

I start out strong but quickly begin to loathe it. It took me a month to finish a Skya and I root sparsely. Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Nothing really makes rooting go ‘faster’, it is a tedious and arduous task. I would make one comment if I may? Your hair looks very long and thick for a ‘baby’. I don’t know your vision so if I’m overstepping please excuse me. Babies usually have a thinner head of hair which wouldn’t take you as long to root. Be patient with yourself, the rooting job looks nice, just rather thick. Don’t get discouraged rooting takes time, patience and practice. And I think someone suggested you DON’T let heads pile up, that can get so overwhelming that you don’t want to do it at all. I paint----root----assemble, finished. Then I start a new baby. This works for me. Good Luck.

1 Like

I put on real crime tv like the id channel. That way I can listen and don’t need to watch … they pretty much explain everything. :joy:

8 Likes

One head down the other twin to go took me five days for just her plz send help lol

1 Like

The mommy wanted her hair to be thick :slight_smile: i usually root it " baby style" but this mommy wanted her to have braids when finnished like an african princess. Ive rooted lots of babies but its the thick heads that get me l

1 Like

Her sister will have short baby curls so she will be getting a hair cut so at least i can trim as i go this time lol the tangles ugh! I wouldnt have it long if i could help it :joy::sob::sob:

I’m gonna be honest, I absolutely enjoy rooting, but it can feel super overwhelming and time consuming, I watch a lot of tv or listen to audiobooks while working. But the biggest thing I do, is map in such a way that I’m only ever rooting an inch by maybe two inch section at a time! My goal, get that section done in under two hours! It helps a lot! [heres a couple of examples of my mapping, and then finished product that needs a trim. (Plus a failed heart swirl, but that’s besides the point lol)

7 Likes

Since ive started sectioning out and mapping parts i have noticed it been more relaxing to deal with. And i have been facetiming my friend everytime i root makes it go a little faster here is my progress fior 2 days on second twin received_1133031450409133|281x500

1 Like

This mapping will help me with future babies that have the " baby hair" thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I hate rooting. I hate anything that makes me sit for too long. It hurts my hands and wrists mohair makes me itch and sneeze. Eyelashes I love to root. Fast and easy. But heads ugh it’s dread city for me :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Me too! It especially hurts my tailbone! I don’t itch and sneeze with the goat put the alpaca gets me every time.

I found that people who love to root usually do amazing root jobs. If you hate something you have trouble mastering it. Learn to love all aspects of the reborning process. There is always two ways to look at everything you do…chose fun!

5 Likes