Maizie kit

Hi everyone! I’m hoping someone can give me an idea on how to price a blank Maizie kit by Andrea Arcello. I earned a special edition Maizie using accumulated mackbucks on the Macphersons website. The Kit consists of a Maizie head with full Greta limbs, COA included. I know this Kit is hard to find. I had to spend about $4,500 to earn her. I just know I’ll never get around to painting her since I’m always busy with custom orders so I’m wanting to sell her. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

I sold my Maizie for $450 because that is what I paid for her. I sold her when Andrea decided not to honor LE on Harper and I decided to part with her while I could get my money back before she ups and does the same thing with Maizie. Mine had the original limbs though. I am not sure your would be worth quite that with Greta limbs but you never know.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I was wondering if the limbs would change the value. I’ve tried looking up Maizie’s that have sold on Facebook and it’s such a wide range in prices. I listed mine at $375. I figured if she doesn’t sell I’ll just lower the price.

2 Likes

I think she’ll sell at $375.

1 Like

I agree. I have heard some say they bought Huxley kits and swapped out the limbs so these bonus Maizie kits would have the original type limbs. Then I guess they match the Greta limbs with their remaining Huxley head.

1 Like

That’s a good idea!

I sold my MacBucks Maizie kit for $275. But I probably could have gotten more. But like @anjsmiles i just wanted her gone after the Harper mess.

2 Likes

It does make me sad that I do not have a Maizie. I wanted her for my own collection because I loved her happy face. I kept my reborned Greta because I love her face. If Maizie ever does get re-released like Harper did then I might consider getting her again to make for myself but there was no way I was hanging onto a kit I paid $450 for after Andrea just devalued her word like that to me renigging on what LE means. I get it that so many now days do not care but when I started this art LE meant something and reborn dolls were not a dime a dozen. Things have changed a lot along the way. So for me now Arcello kits are not worth any more than the regular selling price. But to many others they still will pay the higher prices for her.

1 Like

It makes me sad too to not have Maizie. But if she’s released again I still won’t get one. It would be wrong for her to release her. Regardless of whether we kinda got a heads up and were able to sell our Maizies, plenty of people still got screwed into paying a ton for her under the impression that she was forever sold out. I would hate to think I dumped mine on someone for a high price so I could buy one for regular price. As much as I love Maizie and Harper, I don’t want either of them anymore. :cry:

3 Likes

Good point.