Magnets in dolls

Hi everyone. I have never done magnets in dolls. Is there a specific type that you buy and where do you get magnetic pacifiers?.

1 Like

Magnets should be very strong - they usually called Earth Strong Neodymium Magnet

# Earth Magnets Strong Neodymium Magnet

Pacifies with already built-in magnets usually sold by DBS (see link below. They have different style and sizes), but for babies with very round cheeks artists build their own from the regular babies’ pacifiers by cutting silicone nipples and gluing very flat magnet to them (1 use 1mm flat magnet and cover it with moleskin to prevent rubbing on lips)

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

1 Like

The placement of the magnet inside the head varies depending on the doll. I try to put it behind the lips, but that’s not always an option. My second go-to spot is the chin. I glue the magnet to the inside of the doll and then use a magnet on the outside to keep the one inside from slipping out of place while drying.

2 Likes

Good idea! Thanks. I might avoid the pacifier thing. I was thinking of doing it because everyone else does it but I prefer dolls without it.

But that’s a great way to do it.:hugs: