Looks alive vs. satin and reg. Thinning medium

Is this product work it? I need satin and thinning medium… Would this be like a 2 in one?

This lady named Mary Anderson on Instagram uses it on her dolls, and they are PERFECTION! She swears behind it

2 Likes

Thank you! I wish they sold it in a little jar so I could try it…

1 Like

No problem! I have a serious problem with my thinning medium being white and flankey even after 4 bakes at 265 for 13-14 minutes each lol xD so I might buy some lookalive or dewy skin.

1 Like

Huh… I only use mine mixed with color. I haven’t had that issue!

I use mine for varnish and had issues on 2 doll kits with it. Now they have what looks like dry skin in some places. I’ve heard people talk about deco art varnish on here…does that work on heat set paint

1 Like

It does!

1 Like

The finish is matte and smooth:-) But…, I do like a bit of texture, so I will try mixing the look alive( in place of satin varnish) with my matte:-) we shall see! :wink:

2 Likes

Let us know your results Nik!!

3 Likes

Do you know how she uses it? Does she use it as a sealer?? Or does she use it to mix her paint as she goes along??

3 Likes

She uses it as a sealer

1 Like

WOW, maybe we should try that!!

2 Likes

I love the Dewy Skin medium sold at Noni’s Angels Nursery. I use it on every doll as my last layer. Bake it wet for 5 minutes, then flip for another 5 minutes in my NuWave.

Laurie

1 Like