Look at the new and improved Maddie!

I’m sure some of you remember my trials and tribulations with the Maddie I purchased from someone on Facebook. :persevere:

Here is how she looked:

After she was stripped, it was found that she had gouges and scrapes on her head:

Annnddddd, she was weighted with this:

What I didn’t realize till I took her out to change her into her spring clothes was how shiny her limbs were. That’s when I decided to use part of my stimulus check to get her fixed.

Here is what she looks like now:

And before and after photos:

Who do you think created this masterpiece for me? None other than our very talented @Leabelle!!! Her work is out of this world! She has worked on three of my babies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and they are perfect!

And as if that wasn’t enough, look what she sent as extras so I can dress my Maddie in style this summer:

(The blanket is pink, it just wasn’t showing up in the photos.)

I’m soooo pleased, thank you @Leabelle!

21 Likes

She is absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

Isn’t she? And working with @Leabelle is a pleasure. She kept me informed every step of the way, sent photos, asked me what I’d prefer for certain things…She’s a gem to work with!

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
She was a challenge to redo but it was satisfying !

7 Likes

Sometimes it is worth the extra money to get quality :wink: she is beautiful

1 Like

She’s gorgeous :heart:

2 Likes

Yes, between what I paid for her the first time and what I paid to get her fixed, I could have purchased a well done one in the beginning. But everything happens for a reason so I’m happy it turned out this way.

3 Likes

She’s gorgeous!!! :heart: Love her painted hair. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Shes so cute!

2 Likes

She looks VASTLY improved!!! @Leabelle is really the best!!! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes

I keep coming back to this post to look at her eyes. The color, the lashes, the brows! So pretty.

@Leabelle
I’m wondering if the weighting materials were inappropriate mainly because of size and location?

2 Likes

Yes, mostly. It was clean. The problem with it was the sand (I am pretty sure it was pool filter sand) was in plastic bags, it’s noisy and can break easily. there was sand everywhere.

The big glass beads where not really a problem with a doll this size. Some where at the bottom.,not a great feeling but not that bad.

The polypellets in the limbs give not enough weight. The limbs where crunchy, very weird feeling.

I have seen worse.

3 Likes

There was so much done to improve this doll but I agree, the difference in her face is so amazing!

2 Likes