Liquidex

hubby found these in the garage… Are these air dry?

These are not what you want to use. Liquitex is more of a student quality acrylic. They will crack and peel off. You want professional acrylics and you need to be familiar with mediums and glazes and mixing guidelines , along with prepping the vinyl before painting. Your best bet is to find the air dry sets that have been premixed ( they will include your finish and medium premixed with your pigment). They seem expensive but they are easier to try and learn with.

2 Likes

Liquitex is for painting on canvas etc. It wouldn’t be a good choice for dolls.

1 Like

Thanks ladies! :smiley:

I have used Liquitex on my reborns with great success, but I used the soft body type. Liquitex is a high quality artist paint. They are a flexible paint which means they will flex/bend with the surface you are applying them to and should not crack on vinyl which is a flexible surface. They have been tested for light-fastness and most of their colors have a ASTM rating of 1 which means they will not lose their color for 100+ yrs. Some have a rating of 2 which is still a good rating. The labels should show this rating on them. If any of them have a 3 or 4 rating then don’t use them.
Sorry Nikki, but I have probably told you more than you wanted to know. LOL. But I researched these paints before I used them and wanted you to understand why IMO why they are OK to use. I would suggest if you use them also get some Liquitex matte gel to mix in with the paint mix. This helps the paint to adhere to the vinyl and reduces the shine.

1 Like

To be safe with longevity, I would stick with the air dry paints made specifically for the vinyl dolls.

1 Like

Ok, I will. Can anyone use these?

1 Like