Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 3)

That baby would make you smile all the time while you paint him/her!
He/she is cute already!

2 Likes

Thank you.

She is sweet… Mine was delivered yesterday…

1 Like

Awesome. I can’t wait to see her finished.

Part of WIP and expressing all my gratitude to Desiree @chatrat and @cherielynn09 as I think it’s all triggered by Cherie’s posting a baby in her handmade bed for the inspiration! :hugs: :hugs:

My bed is not finished as we (me and hubby - I was not able to crew that wood without him - it was so dense) ran out of daylight. The sides will have ‘Y’ support, so the pillow will not fall through the opening. And poles connections will be decoratively ‘X’ wrapped with a jute cord (like I did on the bottom), but all that for another day…

Desiree, you probably had hiccups and your ears were burning because all that I was able to think is how you did it alone in 1 h.
And of course I couldn’t wait to take pictures.

This is what I like the most about this forum - that we all learn from each other and inspired by each other! Lots of love to ALL! :heart:

Oh, and the blanket I knitted during the summer just because I found that yarn in Hobby Lobby on clearance. Finally it will serve the purpose as I think it goes perfectly with that rustic bed.

And a fuzzy photoprop jumper and hat was made out of a Goodwill sweater - I just loooooove that color!

I’ll be able to prop a baby better when I’ll have a wooded head support ;). But it wasn’t about a baby, it was about the bed :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was thinking to glue pinecones on the polls, but that might be too much, will see…

23 Likes

EEEK! So cute! :heart:

1 Like

Its beautiful! Great job girl !

The only reason I was able to finish so quickly is because I’m pretty skilled with power tools. I’ve built a lot of things and have done a lot of remodeling over the years. My wood was fresh, so every hole had to be drilled first. I’d honestly love to make another one and use smaller twigs of willow, so I could bend and shape a design into the headboard and footboard. Perhaps a project for another day!

7 Likes

Ours too. But that mimosa’s tree middle is like metal. The drill had a hard time to go through.

I was thinking making backing (like a sofa style) out of 2 curved branches. And I am planning a branch with a mobile on top, but it might be too much. I always need to try and see it first :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I love the mobile idea :heart:

1 Like

The funny part that I was OCDing over that my pole are uneven, but you can’t even see that in the pictures. So no re-doing for me :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you! :hugs:

This is so gorgeous… I love how your additional props enhance the whole look… So much brain power and skill!

3 Likes

Aww, thank you so much! :hugs:

1 Like

So cute!!

Gorgeous!

1 Like

This is gorgeous…love the whole package…the little blanket and pillow…rug…beads…just a fantastic setting for you beautiful babies!!!
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love it!!!

1 Like

Xia

17 Likes

Thank you so much EVERYONE!
It was fun, but today I’ve got Pickle, so no time to finish the bed.

4 Likes

Levi is so happy on his little bed, GREAT job on ALL of it (baby included)!!

1 Like