Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 3)

Went a little heavy on the milia :grimacing: he has eyebrows now and some baby fur :smile:

18 Likes

Adorable

1 Like

Beautiful

Lots of babies have dense milia! The color is perfect so you’re totally good. It’s the bright white ones you see sometimes that are :grimacing:

@Evee thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks @Evee and Joy :slightly_smiling_face: and you’re right, some do!

2 Likes

Ready for hair!

20 Likes

He was done fast!
You are an amazing artist! I love his eyebrows and subtle skin texture. May I ask what do you use for it?

5 Likes

Thank you Yelena! I guess it was fast, he only took me a week to paint!
I use the Americana soft touch matte varnish (nothing else added) and lay it on THICK with a wedge and pounce it all over. Then I blow dry it so it dries clear fast. It gives a really nice skin looking effect and also makes milia and such look kinda 3D. No chalkiness or roughness, but great texture.

10 Likes

That texture is incredible! Can’t wait to see him finished :heart:

4 Likes

Working on Felicity’s Prismacolor hair

28 Likes

You’ve got magic fingers when it comes to painted hair. If I could do it like that, I’d never root another hair.

7 Likes

Wow! That is an interesting technique that I never heard of.
I use Americana all the time, but never tried to do it your way.
Thank you so much for sharing! :hugs:

4 Likes

That is the best and the most natural looking curly hair that I’ve seen! :star_struck:

That baby look amazing!

3 Likes

Wow Joy! That looks STUNNING! :star_struck:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I should add, if you like a more matte look you have to do another coat with something to take the shine down. It’s not terribly shiny, more like a dewy look I think :thinking:

3 Likes

@jeanhai @YelenaRey @PHehn thank you so much- one hair at a time has my hand all cramped up but it’s worth it!

3 Likes

Trying to finish hair on custom Peyton

23 Likes

And working on an oldie, Doodlebug

11 Likes

How in the world do you get your hair to look sooo soft?! It’s so pretty!

3 Likes

Me? Thank you!!! I use a combination of 4 brushes. When I’m done I do a thin wash or two allover the hair to soften it. And I can’t take credit for the wash, I think @Alypants taught me that! The thinnest brush is a nail art liner that I cut down further.

10 Likes