Larry Blick Head Needed

I don’t know what happened but I just melted my Larry Blick head. Does anyone have an extra head they want to sell? I’m trying not to cry.

oh no! I hope you find a replacement.

2 Likes

She was almost done, too. I don’t know what happened. I feel like I’m in shock. :sob:

Oh, no!! My heart goes out to you. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, Amy. I sent a message to Natali Blick to see if she might have extra heads. It’s a long shot but I’m hoping.

2 Likes

:frowning: Awwww that stinks! Man, @anon72659292’s melted heads today too. :frowning: Sorry guys :frowning:

3 Likes

I feel so bad for Lambkins. I saw her post about a half hour before I melted my Larry. It’s so devastating.

2 Likes

That’s my prayer too. Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

We sure did. Wish this stuff never happens. Dreadful. :slightly_frowning_face::face_with_head_bandage: I hope we both feel better soon.

1 Like

Ugh, feel bad. Ive melted kits before,it makes me sick. Something wrong with your oven? Mine melts only when they are dying because of so much use. Not meant to stop start and be used as much as i do.
Im so sorry, hope you find one.

2 Likes

I think it was probably my error. The oven stays in the garage. I was in a hurry and didn’t check the display window on the NuWave Pro Plus before starting it. I usually check before starting it. Then I also forgot to set my oven timer or 8 minutes to remind me to check on it in its last two minutes of baking. I got busy mottling the limbs and when I realized the timer hadn’t gone off (because I’d forgot to set it), I thought, it’s probably just cooling in the oven. When I went out there, it was still baking and the timer said 1 hour and 8 minutes left. It was totally pancaked and smelled.

I’m glad my hubby is understanding because when we melt our kits it’s not just a kit that we lose but everything we had attached to that: the hope we had for it, the hard work, the artistic impression, etc. He understands that and feels bad, too. And it really does make us artists feel sad. I actually feel depressed this morning, and that’s not like me. I think I’m grieving over the loss of what I had planned for this lovely kit. I’d even purchased a pretty dress for her on Zulily a few months ago. I’ve been searching everywhere I can think of for an extra head. So far, no success. All up in smoke. :cry:

Larry is about 22 inches. What BB kit would possibly work with Larry’s limbs? Any ideas? I don’t want to waste the limbs and belly plate if I can’t find another Larry head.

Just heard back from Sandie at DollsbySandie…no Larry parts left.

Does anyone know of a better way than FB to contact Natali Blick? I sent her a PM but don’t know how often she may be on there. Sigh.

2 Likes

Is this a sold out kit? I have a Larry kit, I ordered it from dolls by Sandie. Are they all out?

1 Like

Yep, Sandie says she is out of them. :frowning: I’m devastated. This is the first LE kit I’ve melted. And I was so happy with how she was turning out. I think McPherson’s may still have a few Larrys, but hoping to find a head before purchasing another whole kit.

1 Like

I’m so sorry!!! If you can’t find the kit anywhere, I have one. Sorry, I can’t part with just the head! Lol

3 Likes

That’s super sweet of you, Nikki. You probably want to hang onto that Larry, though, and paint him. It’s a beautiful kit. I just love that precious face.

I’ve sent a mail a little bit ago to Natali Blick. It’s night in Germany, so maybe if she is able to get back with me tomorrow I will know soon if she has any extra heads.

2 Likes

I really really hope she does!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Nimlet, thank you. Someone else let me know this morning about this too. I’ve written to her and I hope she still has it. :smiley:

4 Likes