Lanugo fuzz

I just wanted to share some really affordable, great downy fuzz fiber that I just got. I have gotten the downy fuzz from Mac’s and about 10 different various flocking fibers from different places. The problem I always have is that it ends up looking like powder. This fiber is longer, so it clearly looks like actual hairs. They carry two sizes, the one I am really happy with is the longer GI Joe size flocking. It’s only $6 for a very large bag. I got artic white, but they have several different colors.

Here it is on a test head. I put way to much and didn’t brush down carefully for directional hair, I just wanted to see if it looked like hair or powder :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I like how it looks! Thank you so much for sharing.
Did you use the glue that they sale or applied it on top of the varnish?

1 Like

And do you know anything about this hair?
I like that they have such bright colors. Can be great for alternatives.

1 Like

I didn’t use the glue they sell, it looked like an Elmer’s type glue, not something you’d want on your dolls surface. I just used soft touch varnish for my test.

2 Likes

I don’t know about their hair. I didn’t buy any of their hair, I think it’s synthetic, but would be awesome for alternatives! The only other products I’ve purchased there were the shorter flocking, it was powdery looking when applied, so I ordered the longer one after that.

1 Like

Thank uh for sharing

1 Like

My dryer regularly makes fuzz just like this and some of it escapes and gets all over the house. If it wasn’t blue and black I’d be able to use it as baby fuzz. :laughing:

Your test head looks pretty good!

3 Likes

That kid needs a shave! :rofl: It will look good on the doll!

2 Likes