Kit of the day baby question

Are these Kinby babies made with soft vinyl like the regular kits? Do you fill them with the glass beads? I’ve never seen one so wasn’t sure how they are made.

2 Likes

Yes those are Kinby babies. You can fill the limbs with glass beads as they have the holes in the flanges like a reborn kit does. I haven’t bought a Kinby before so I don’t know what exact material it’s made of. :heart:

2 Likes

They actually have a lot more info on the kinby site.

5 Likes

Do they come with the bodies?

I dont think so. From what I read you had to order the body same as the other kits.

1 Like

I bought one and the vinyl is firm but not a hard plastic a nice flexible vinyl for a child . It was on sale for $84 when I bought it for my great gran baby Christmas this is an amazing discount for one.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s what I wandered, if it was worth the money!

These are completed dolls, not kits.

The ones on sale today? It says kit and have to add the body, I thought.

4 Likes

Says unassembled kit

2 Likes

The ones on sale today on BB are repainted seconds kits, unassembled

3 Likes

You’re right. I didn’t see that.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware they came as kits.

1 Like

Me either :wink: This is the first time I have seen them offered like this

1 Like

I order 2 interested to see them. Would make great play dolls for the grands

3 Likes

Could these be stripped and repainted?

I might be doing a class with some young girls and this seems like a good start!

2 Likes

I bought them yesterday on sale at bb thinking I will be able to use them to practice rooting. I didn’t know about the sculpted hair. More Christmas :gift::grinning:

1 Like

I think they are also firmer than normal reborn kits.

1 Like

dollsbysandie.com has test heads that are perfect to practice rooting and/or painting techniques on. They’re $15.95 each.

1 Like

Probably, since they weren’t intended as kits to begin with.

It’s funny how the company makes blank kits, branched off into completed painted dolls, now the seconds of those have become kits and customers are looking forward to reborning them. Esp since reborning first started with factory painted dolls. Seems to go full circle.

I appreciate how they are making the most of what they have rather than creating more waste, esp now that there’s so much of a demand for sculpts.

Has there been an answer on if the Kinbys are factory painted or hand painted?

2 Likes