Kit Modification Service (FREE TRIAL)

Some of you may remember my little kit modifying experiment awhile back where I used a flexible, bakeable material to close a kit’s eyes. I’ve been wanting to offer this as a service, but I’m not able to test out how well this material works with GHSP or air dry. I know a lady used this same material to modify a kit before and her baby turned out beautifully, so I feel like painting over it would be fine, but I want to be sure lol.

Basically, I was wondering if any of you ladies would be interested in testing the painting part out for me? I can do basically anything you can think of. Some things I can do are close an awake kit’s eyes, fill in wrinkles, dimples or a butt chin, :laughing: change lip shape (in some cases) and even make a Caucasian kit Asian! I can also repair dents or creases in the vinyl. I haven’t done all of these before but I know they’d be easy for me to do. :wink:

Here’s a couple I’ve done before:

Closing a kit’s eyes:

Caucasian kit to Asian kit:

There are a few things that you have to be careful of with this material which I’ll tell you in a PM if you’re interested (otherwise this post would drag on). I’m only offering four free testing spots (2 GHSP, 2 air dry) so PM me if you’re interested. I only ask that you pay shipping both ways and start the baby soonish so you can tell me how it goes. :smiley:

15 Likes

Wow! Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks ladies! I think this would be good for portrait babies, or maybe that kit that you love but has one tiny thing that bothers you lol.

4 Likes

@izzy, When you bend the vinyl, does the sculpey stay with it?

1 Like

Yes, but to an extent. You can drop the vinyl, root hair, or stuff/paint baby without worrying but if you flex the vinyl to the point where the vinyl is misshapen multiple times then it’ll start to create stress marks on the clay.

4 Likes

How about opening squinty eyes- I have seen it done with Elyse- I was thinking of my Nova kit?

2 Likes

That one I probably couldn’t do as that would require cutting the vinyl with a knife vs adding clay. I could make wide eyes squintier though. :wink:

2 Likes

Nice job, and a terrific idea!! You’re really something! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will pm you.
Wonderful idea

3 Likes

Thank you both! @GrammysReborns PM’d you back.

1 Like

What material are you working with? I have a portrait baby I’d like to modify a bit.

1 Like

I’d like this for my Kase awake. I really do not like him awake. When will you be opening shop and what will your prices be?

By the way, it looks fantastic! Great job. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll be offering this as a service as soon as I get word back from my testers that painting works well (if it works well I should say lol though I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine). :slight_smile: I’ll keep you posted.

Are you an artist? I still have free spots open for anyone who wants to test this out for me. :wink:

2 Likes

Amazing Izzy…I think if someone had Polly and didn’t like he deep dent across the nose that would be a great one to try…Wish I had the kit…I just sold it off a few days ago or would have sent it to you and paid your fee and the cost to return it…Will have to look around and see how I have that needs some cosmetic surgery…lol

4 Likes

Hahaha yes Polly would be a great one! I’d love to modify a kit for you, let me know if you find one you want changed. :blush:

1 Like

Certainly not the best artist, but I do work on them. Mainly with air dry, not sure if that is fine? Along with powders, etc.

Either way, I’m interested in having this done to my kit! :smiley:

1 Like

Been looking for an air dry artist to test this clay out! PM me! :smiley:

1 Like

@westernstarr you made me curious to see what Polly would look like without her crease! So I did a photo edit lol! I guess she looks a bit different but not as much as I thought she would. :laughing:

10 Likes

I think she is so much cuter…IMO…lol I wish I had kept that kit now…lol

6 Likes

Lol maybe you can find another one down the road! I think the kit modifying thing is so fun because then you can truly have a OOAK reborn kit. :smiley:

3 Likes