Kit Hoarders

Are you a kit hoarder? What/How many kits do you have now? Who do you have on preorder? What kit/s are you waiting for to open for preorder?

1. I have Adelynn Jameson, Adelya Auer, Ofelia Auer (original), Serenity Eagles, Pixie Brown, Grayson Brown, Angelina Musgrove, Kira Musgrove, Asher Awake, Vince Breedveld, Benji Winters, Leelou Brace and Zachary Brace.

I have coming to me Elyse Brace, Rosie Eagles, Twin A & Twin B Brown

On preorder I have Morris Toner and Aquinnah Torquati

I am waiting for Evangeline Eagles and Sailor Rose Brace

Laura Lee Eagles has a new WIP now and I am waiting to see it (She only showed the lips lol)

2 Likes

Mega mega kit hoarder…

I do have a problem, I try very hard not to order but I get custom orders for certain dolls and find it cheaper to order in bulk (I’m in Australia) so I always order heaps more, little dreams in Germany I got 3 boxes full of Noah Schick and tommy fabers. Lol BIG boxes too! Lol
Plus I order from elisa Marx in bulk too so I got coco Malu and those kits here in a big box (or 2) and I have a massive cupcakes area to stash my dolls which is full of BB kits and a lot of twin B brown.

I have my own kits too which I don’t count in, which mostly are bonnie brown kits. Lol and I have a Elijah and grace pigott which is are keepers.
All in total I have 60 to be made and sold, not including pre orders. Lol I have Elyse coming too. And I ordered Morris, I saw him at the doll show and loved his size!

I don’t order any LLE doll kits at all. Haha I’m like the only one, I just don’t like them, even though I get customers asking me all the time if I have one stashed away for them. And that’s no joke I get at least 3 times a week… Do you have esme/quinnlyn.

The kit has to draw me in and not one of her dolls does. It has to “speak” to me for me to pre order or I won’t order at all. But that’s what I love about the doll world, what I like other don’t, and what they like I don’t, so it’s great to have such a great variety of different sculpts.

3 Likes

It makes sense for an artist to keep a healthy “inventory” of kits. But…I’m not an artist. Just a collector. Lol I just didn’t want to risk them selling out.

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Starr and I too am a hoarder… can’t tell you how many kits I actually have at the moment as what I say can and will be used against me …lol We’ll just say that I could do a doll a week for quite a long while without ordering any new ones…(but who can not order any new ones? lol)

I mostly have kits for custom orders and to paint to sell but I have a little “one day for me stash” as well (that is probably a bit too large) - I console myself with the fact that I have been reborning for quite a long while so it just stands to reason that they will accumulate…

Like Emeraldhill (hi there by the way…so nice to see a fellow Aussie here … :smile: use to see your babies on Ebay from time to time…lovely little ones!) I tend to get several of the same sculpt, especially if it is one I really like…AND I have to admit that I’m not overly “rapt” with Eagle babies either for the most part though I did really love Teagan - probably the only one that ever really fully appealed to me - thought Lincoln was very cute but none really since that…I have done Knox, Miracle, Bean and Sprout and several others as custom orders but the customer supplied the kit and I just did the reborning…

I am terrible when it comes to pre-orders - I rare to never pre-order anything…Don’t like tying my money up for as long as it seems to take them to ever come out (not to mention I am not that patient) and most times I have been really lucky enough to get ones I like anyway as the suppliers tend to buy a few extras and I just watch for the listings when they send out their news letters telling everyone that they have arrived…heehee…If I miss out, there are always new ones arriving on the market everyday so I don’t really worry about it…

3 Likes

There was a time I had about 30. Now I am down to about a dozen, but most are to be keepers. I have also one pre-order pending.
I have been doing that for so long, I cannot imagine my life without reborning; although I did not really do much this year. I had so many other things to deal with, and now I think I will try my hand with mosaic; something I always wanted to do and never got past the point of buying some pretty little tiles when I came across them in sales. And with reborning becoming so expensive for us, I have a feeling I will just do the occasional doll for myself but could not be bothered making them to sell. So, no more hoarding of kits.

3 Likes

Post your mosaics when you finish. We want to see. And you MUST keep reborning. I love your babies and your style.

1 Like

I just did inventory a couple of days ago. I have 52 kits in my stash. I’m going to try and do better with thinning it out. :disappointed: It’s really not my fault, though, since there are so many great kits out there… :wink:

4 Likes

I have 42 kits and waiting on one to arrive

I just realized that I have no more space LOL I have four kits coming and nowhere to put them. DARN IT. Guess I’ll have to go to Target and get more canvas bins.

1 Like

Hahahahahahaha! So true! :smiley:

I have 63 kits with 2 on order…planning on reborning them all…home full time and not able to do too much physically so reborning helps pass my time and the best part is that I love to do this and always have loved dolls…!!..and then sell the dolls…!!..it’s win/win cause I get paid to do what I love.!!..:purple_heart:

I’m a hoarder also lol I have to many I would say around 75 or more from all kinds of different sculptors . My goal was to have one kit from each sculpter.

1 Like

I’m a hoarder,just not enough hours in the day it seems like to get them done as fast as I’d like. I have 24 kits waiting & about 16 kits I want to get. Pretty bad for me considering I make them for my youngest daughter & myself & we both have quite a few babies as it is.

1 Like

I can say I’m a hoarder too, I have as of last count 140’ something. I’ve not included my new arrivals this past few weeks. I will be getting three of the Elyse sculpts next week and have two of Toby on preorder. I’m looking forward to all of the Brace kits coming available in 2016. I get all “giddy” inside when I walk into my craft room! I’ll let you know that craft room is overcrowded with sculpts and baby supplies that I have to paint my babies in the living room or dining room, there is only a path in the craft room :relieved: One day I will get a better grip on this. Oh also my family does not know how many sculpts are in that room. I just keep telling them that my LuLu still has half of her belongings in there (this was my daughters room before college in 2013) the reason it is so crowded, what they don’t know won’t hurt them. My money my time!

2 Likes

Haha your just as bad as my mum, she has suitcases for holidays stashed around the house, every few years my parents buy new cases and she tells my dad she is holding onto the old ones for my sisters and me. And what my dad doesn’t know is my mum has a massive like mega MASSIVE hidden barbie collection in those suitcases! Lol I’m never gonna get a suitcase! Haha plus my sisters and I have our own luggage, I think my dad must know something is up but doesn’t ever look!

But all I can say OMG 140 kits! Lol that’s awesome! I’m the same though as I buy all my kits from my dolly dollars. I’m now wishing I bought more of Elyse. Lol

1 Like

Natalie, Elna has some showing still available on her website if you are looking for more of Elyse (City of Reborn Angels)
http://www.cityofrebornangels.com.au/online-store/doll-kit/cassie-brace/elyse-by-cassie-brace-sneak-peek/ - I’m sure you already have a link if you are here in Oz anyway as we are limited on reborn suppliers here but just thought I would mention it…

I only have about 18 right now, and I have to keep slapping my hand when it comes to that buy button. Although I am a true Libra, and I keep weighing should I or shouldn’t I. Sometimes I miss out but I figure it’s all for the best.

2 Likes

Okay so let see I sold off 60 from my stash last year and have only bought 1 kit since then. I have as many as i sold plus five stash for me for myself. :smile: so maybe I qualify as a kit hoarder

1 Like

I aspire to be a kit hoarder some day! :heart:️

2 Likes

I think I have around 150-200 kits. I am not too sure how many I still have on pre-order. It is always a surprise when I get an invoice :grin: I don’t want to do an inventory of all my babies then when my husband asks I would have to tell him instead of the " I have no clue how many kits I have". I have my own craft room that no one comes into. But I have a long counter that has doll kits at the end because my closet and my shelves are full. But at one point in time I will get them all done, or at least that is what I tell him. He just laughs when he sees more boxes come in the mail. So I am a terrible kit hoarder, but LLE kits become more valuable with age :grinning:

4 Likes