Kit color

So,is anyone else having issues with the gray kits? I have so many different color washes on the jewel kit. From yellow to orange,red purple, burnt umber,…then i just mixed it all.what happened to the pink or even the peach? Right now its just gray.jeeze​:confused::flushed:

2 Likes

Watching! I have a bb toddler… Anne! I love her! But she is sooooo grey! I tried a bunch but was not happy with any results. So…, she got packed away! Poor Anne😩

I have had the pink ones prior,to these and they were fine to work with,but here lately they have been completly without color.i mean come on😡its to the point that when someone says " it looks dead" i can honestly say"it did,not anymore"

1 Like

Try doing some searching on the forum for neutralizing gray vinyl. I know at one time there as a mini tutorial that was great.

1 Like

Already did and have done all that. Im just not sure i want to do any more of these “gray” kits.dont know what the issues are but they take to much paint. But thanks

I wonder if using something more opaque, like acrylic air dry. I don’t know what you use but if you haven’t tried acrylic you might want to give it a test try. Have you tried doing yellow, pink, brown wash and do an ethnic baby?

There’s an old post on here titled HELP I can’t get the gray to neutralize that has easy, clear instructions. I don’t know how to link it.

2 Likes

Here’s the link to the thread @jeanhai mentioned above http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/help-i-cant-get-the-gray-to-neutralize/6360

1 Like

Thanks, Summer.

1 Like

I understand this one!! I have grey kits that I have tried to neutralize and it just NEVER seems to work out. They wind up getting stuffed somewhere!! They are gross!! Also the kits that are that icky brownish grey color, it’s horrible!!

1 Like

Honestly id rather have the orange ones,they are easier to fix.its weird, i have several kits from bb and some are pink but the newer ones are that god aweful whitesh gray. Not sure if its how its going to be from now on or what.

1 Like

You’re welcome :wink:

Are you talking about BB newest vinyl? I don’t neutralize the vinyl that have now. I find it to be a nice base color. I prime . the piecss and then start with mottling and flesh…

2 Likes

I use air dry,and normaly for a warm color on a pink or peach kit im able to achieve that in less than 10 layers. But lately i noticed than even after my "normal"routine it still was “cold,and gray” looking,and needed more washes.so i got out my kits and noticed that the ones i bought last week are a gray white compared to the older ones. Thats what i was asking about,usually bb kits are color consistent but my newst ones have NO color.when you have to keep adding color and still cant get it “warm” enough, it takes the fun out if it.i get aggrevated and just put it away. I was just asking if any one else has noticed the color.but thanks

2 Likes

What do you prime with Summer? Also are you using Genesis or air dry?

1 Like

Anita, why do you prime with Thick Medium instead of Matte varnish?? I have never primed a kit so I need information. I primed the kit I am working on right now (first priming) and I used the Matte V. Can you tell me if there is a difference in feel between the two?

2 Likes

Ok, thanks—I’m always looking for information to improve myself.

2 Likes

I use Miracle Blend air dry and I just prime with Miracle Blend’s primer. I believe you can also use a varnish to prime :smirk: