Keepers!

Which one is the one with the fire truck? I love him!

Mattia- Legler :slight_smile:

Ooh pretty!

1 Like

I had a baby doll but really wanted a reborn. Tried Ashton Drake and sent it back. And decided to just try myself so I wouldn’t have anyone else to blame if I hated it. So I started over ten years ago and my keepers come and go as I get better. Which took me a lot longer than some of you especially the hair (I started out using llama hair from my cousin to save money!) My hair styling skills are awful so it has been a long trip! I have kept one of my firsts with hubby’s hair (he has fine, fine hair and sometimes grows it out which leads to me stroking it and measuring it while he is sleeping…and drooling). The next one is a Juliet that I tried to add elf ears too. Then I have a NA Scarlet that turned into a boy. A sleeping Kate that grew on me. Another NA Kimi. And two minis - Whisper and Nessa. Getting ready to make some new ones.

I am not a collector either, but Harper Arcello ended up being a portrait of my older brother (died at age 29) and I haven’t sold him.

12 Likes

He is perfect. You did an amazing job and I’m glad you kept him.

1 Like

Thanks are you making any more like her !

1 Like

I started off by making baby apes from BB’s kits and selling them at local art fairs. It only took making one baby kit to knock me down into the rabbit hole with everyone else who already knew how fun it was!
I’m not really a collector, but I do have a revolving assortment of reborns who live in my doll room. I’ll never sell my first one and I like to keep a few of my recent ones to show potential customers. These poor little ones tend to be put up for adoption as my skills grow and change! I’ve got a few that I’ve done that I just keep because I love the sculpt, and they occasionally get makeovers to keep them up to date with my current painting style. The only reborns I have from other artists are three from swaps and they are loved as well. These are my resident babies that I’ve done.!
The baby gorilla that stole my heart!

My first reborn baby
And some of the rest
And my memorial Ofelia who’s rooted with hair from my late great pyrenees dog Gracie
Maybe I am a collector after all! LOL

13 Likes

:open_mouth: You’re Ofelia is FANTASTIC!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@2layz Yes, you are lol!

3 Likes

Thank you! She’s very special since she’s a tangible reminder of my beautiful Gracie!

9 Likes

Aw! Beautiful puppy! Such a sweet and creative idea too to save some fur and use it on a memorial baby. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you! She was the size of a small horse, and her hair was all over everything in our house. But I’ve never known another dog who made me feel so blessed. Ofelia isn’t very big, but she was a good way to keep a bit of Gracie here!

4 Likes

@2layz, I covet your Meredith😍

1 Like

Thank you! I tried silk ribbon embroidery a long time ago, but the ones in the photo were part of a purchased pillow. I’ve probably tried every craft project out there at least once, but I do better when I focus on one! LOL

1 Like

The fifth photo is my Sharlamae by Bonnie Brown. I’m glad you like her!

1 Like

She’s fairly new here and such a perfectly realistic little premie! I’m glad you love her too!