Just wanting to say hi :)

My name is V and I love babies! I’ve been wanting to do this for so long, but couldn’t because I had a baby, but now that she’s a toddler, I’m ready to give it a try. I’ve been here reading a lot and watching a lot of YouTube videos, so hopefully my first won’t turn our too horrible. But hey, even if it does, I’ll post pics and we can all laugh together. Lol

20 Likes

Welcome V, I am pretty new too. I use Art & Magic Waterborne paints. I have only completed 2 babies, but everyone has been so patient when I ask questions. This is a great forum with lots of help from all. See you around.

5 Likes

I dove right in and ordered GHS paints and thinner, but later on decided to stick to what I’m used to: acrylics. I already have them from painting on canvas, so way to waste money, right? Lol Oh well, I’m about $700 in already. I can clearly see that this will be the most expensive hobby I’ve ever had.

4 Likes

I like your attitude! Lol they will be beautiful. Welcome!

2 Likes

Awesome @Thestarcatcher ! I need all the help I can get. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! Cant wait to see your babies! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just make sure your acrylics are professional archival quality. The craft, student, and artist acrylics may come off the vinyl. I use Liquitex Professional Soft Body paints on my babies. Love them.

2 Likes

Welcome V! You came to the right place our forum has some of the best, kindest, caring, loving people around :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum V!! I am so glad you could join us and I hope you enjoy your reborning experience.

1 Like

Oh yes…expensive hobby FOR SURE!!! But…SOOO much fun!!!

WELCOME to BB…looking forward to seeing your creations!!!

2 Likes

What colors do you recommend buying in these paints ? I was looking At them yesterday at Michaels and wasn’t sure what all to get

Hi there!
I can’t wait to see your first baby!!! I’m kinda new here too :smile:

2 Likes

Hi V and welcome to the group!! Yes it can be an expensive hobby but well worth every penny! Most of us here are hopelessly addicted…me included!!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome V, it’s nice to “meet” you!! You will love our forum, it’s very helpful!! Learn to use the spyglass in the upper right corner----you can access lots of information there.

2 Likes

Welcome to the BB forum, V!

1 Like

Welcome V ! :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome V you have come to the right place. There are so many kind, sweet and very helpful people here.

1 Like

Welcome V :grin:

Lololol I love it!!!

1 Like

Hi V! Glad to have you here! I hope you enjoy your stay and that you are here for a long time to come! Can’t wait to see your work!