Jezebel has spots cropping up!

I am so frustrated! I have heard of this happening to others but this is my first time. I wash all my kits and store them in cloth bags that have only ever had clean kits in them. I got Jezebel out today and started working on her to discover she has little black spots that have come up in 3 places! The ones on her thigh look like moles and I HATE that look! I am just going to have to paint her and hope for the best. (I know some wil say use the acne cream on it but in my experience using the acne cream to remove it can lead to yellowing of the vinyl down the road so that is now a last resort for me.) UGH!

3 Likes

How big are they? Like specs? Or bigger? I wonder if it’s bits of debris from pouring that work thier way out through the soft vinyl :thinking: no idea really but I have noticed some specs but they are so tiny I ignore them… I can’t imagine digging them out and repairing with vinyl putty… seems like exchanging one color blemish for another… esp if you have to color match

Ugh how frustrating! I started painting her yesterday too, but i haven’t noticed any issues or flaws. I completely agree about the oxy as it happened to me, and the yellow stains came back after i had finished painting and rooting…I was sick!
Can you post pics of what it looks like?

1 Like

Yes, it is spects like ground pepper.

1 Like

I already have her in the oven and have started trying to cover them strategically with mottling and flesh etc. We will see how it goes. Of note though I had not heated her at all when these came up. Only washed her in hot water.

1 Like

I had done two mottle layers with air dry and then she sat for a while. I just switched to ghs…I know - I’m very late to the game Lol!
I did several layers yesterday and didn’t notice any spots but I’ll check her over more carefully today.

2 Likes

I just looked at my wilby2 and she has some weird black things :flushed: they are on her head behind her hairline but I’m pretty sure they’d be visible with painted hair so she’ll be rooted

These aren’t like the other black specs I’ve seen though… I’ve tried scraping them with a toothpick and thinner and they aren’t budging… and I have been sooooo careful with her cause I love her so much and it’s not like she will be easily replaced!

2 Likes

Yep that is like what I found.

1 Like

You said that you wash your kits when you get them and then store them. could it be that moisture was still in the kit when you stored them? They can get a mold growing in the vinyl if not completely dry inside and out. I always wait until I will be using a kit before I wash them.

1 Like

Nope. I hang them on racks to dry for a long time first. This was not mold, I know what that looks like.

I have 2 of the 3 spots covered already with paint and the 3rd one I think by the time I am done will be pretty well gone so I am glad of that.

3 Likes

Imbedded metal?? I have found they rise to the top of vinyl the more you bake. I am ocd about them and usually end up digging them out and trying to repair the hole it leaves🤦‍♀️

1 Like

Mine was not debris. I dunno what but got them all covered with paint.

4 Likes

She’s beautiful Angie❤
I love her sculpt so much!

I’m glad they covered…she’s beautiful!!!

Thank you both!

She is precious Angie. :heart_eyes:

Is there any possibility that they are tiny unpopped air bubbles?

1 Like

For mine? Idk my eyes aren’t what they used to be I hope they don’t turn into bigger things… I tried scraping them and they are smooth and not moving so it’s not paint or a scratch :thinking:

I’m leaning towards tiny air bubbles…I could be wrong though…I enlarged the picture and they look raised almost like tiny needle size blisters. Are you using heat set paint and have you started to heat the vinyl? If so the heat I’m guessing made the air bubbles rise to the surface… again I could be wrong

1 Like

They are flat but could be air bubbles… I have baked her a couple times… we will see! She may end up being a keeper if so :pleading_face: