Jewel has arrived

Agreed. It barely even resembles the old kit.

1 Like

I just looked at the " improvements". I think I liked the rounder face better than the new longer one.

2 Likes

Me too. Her skull was a bit alien shaped but she was still really cute. This one makes her head taller and completely changes the look.

I agree - I donā€™t like the ā€œimprovementā€. And if it ā€œainā€™t broke, why fix itā€?

2 Likes

Uh-ohā€¦I donā€™t care for the new and improved look, eitherā€¦bummerā€¦I waited FOREVER and now, never mind. Iā€™ll pass. BOO.

4 Likes

No you are not the only one. I loved her little features and now they are all gone. What a bloody shame!

4 Likes

I was so excited to see Jewel, then I saw the ā€œimprovementsā€. I donā€™t like the new version at all. Sorry. Maybe if someone reborns her and puts that new pic up, Iā€™ll change my mind.

1 Like

Guess Iā€™m in the minority. I didnā€™t like the old version, but like this newer one. I bought one. :grinning:

2 Likes

I an in the minority too lol. She reminds me of my kids when they were born. The other oneā€™s head seems too wide for a 18 inch baby to me.

Are there any reborned pictures of the new jewel?

It doesnā€™t even look like the same babyā€¦ :frowning:

4 Likes

Right and the new improved looks more ā€œdollyā€.

3 Likes

The old one is GORGEOUS!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve waited so long for her to be back in stock and I am totally disappointed in this new one! She was one of my favorites and I did so many.

3 Likes

They need a new proto IMOā€¦the new kit has almost no resemblance to the old kit and people may buy the kit based off of proto pics that really look nothing like the kit at all.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think she looks anything like she did before-----I donā€™t care too much for the 'new and improved" version. I didnā€™t know they were changing her I just thought she was out of stock forever. She is still ok but I donā€™t think sheā€™s near as cute as she was!!! BUT maybe she will look different when she is all done and I will like her after all!!! Somebody do a cute New Jewel quick!!!

4 Likes

@emilybb Is Bountiful Baby planning on doing any new prototypes of the ā€œimprovedā€ babies? They mostly all look so different from the originals.

4 Likes

The back of the new Jewelā€™s head looks funky, the ears at set way too far back and Iā€™d be getting out my dremel to fix those forehead wrinkles. lol I donā€™t like the bug eyed look either. Not the least bit interested in this one but she might be cute when reborned.

2 Likes