I've Made A BIG Decision! Suggestions please?

Okay…I’m “adulting” or at least I was for a few moments. I’ve decided that next year at the ROSE doll show, not only will I be attending, but I will be a VENDOR!! Eeek! I’m so excited!!
This will be my first show. Do you have any suggestions? I’m thinking of having a raffle. but I’m not sure. For the display, I’ll probably use the round pool kid floaties. I’ll have business cards and a banner made.
Any suggestions or tips? Thanks!! I’m so excited! Gives me something to look forward to!

Nevermind…Read post 11 for information.

16 Likes

Cool!!

Sounds exciting, life goals! :thumbsup:

Maybe check out the ROSE website for rules and regs, find out if raffles are allowed and GET TO WORK!!! Time flies and it’ll be here before you know it!!! :smile:

4 Likes

They should be allowed, I saw on @LynnW video from yesterday she bought a few tickets from raffles. I’ll check just to be sure. Thank you!!

Should I stock pile now? I’m thinking about offering up a few for sale around Christmas. The ones that don’t sell I’ll hold onto for the show. I get out of school in May so I’ll get to bring home the ones I was working on in CA, as well as have time to paint more before the show. :slight_smile:

Start now.

1 Like

@Sydster that is so exciting!! I would love to see your work and that would be amazing if you did a raffle. It was definitely allowed this year. More than one booth did giveaways. The one you saw on my video was a giveaway of a reborn and others gave kits and other goodies too. And yes, great to start on it now… just note that the theme might change from year to year so something to keep in mind, but definitely never too early to start stockpiling babies, LOL!

1 Like

Oh yeah the theme will definitely change. Catching up on your videos. Thank you so much!

Oh you are so welcome! I loved watching videos of the doll show on YouTube in previous years… since this is my first time going I wanted to capture it for others so I’m glad you’ve been enjoying them. (Sorry that on day 3 I had to split it into many parts… I was seriously running out of storage on my phone and had to get creative!)

Giveaway drawings are allowed but raffles where people pay for tickets have strict rules. There were lots of drawings where people put their name in a hat or box but didn’t pay.

For those of you that have done shows before, could you share a photo of your booth setup? Or if you have been to doll shows, could you please share some photos of your favorite booth setups?

I’m sad and frustrated to announce that I will not be able to sell at the show this next year. I may be able to attend, but I cannot afford the price for a table, plus gas, plus other fees and know in my head and heart that I will be able to make it all back and profit. It’s frustrating and irritating and makes me sad. :sob: I’m so disappointed. I guess everything happens for a reason. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Don’t give up yet! It’s early. Why not look for someone else to go in with booth ride or hotel room etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t think it’s going to be a possibility this year. Too much money with gas and everything. It would still be hard to break even and profit. Thank you though.

id like to do a booth in 2019…I dont think ill be able to have enough together in one years time lol I’m the worlds slowest reborner lol. But I have been brainstorming! I think giving something away to every person would be very impactful. But what?

1 Like

And how many would be enough? lol

1 Like

@Sydster, I’m so sorry to hear that! Don’t give up yet. Maybe you could attend but not do a booth?

@avyona, that would be awesome if you did a table in 2019. I’d love to see your work in person. Your comment cracked me up… it may take you a while to paint your babies but your work is beautiful! :slight_smile:

How many babies do you need to have abooth?

There isn’t an exact number that you need. But you want to make sure that you fill the space you have so that it looks professional. We have tables and booths for sale. Tables are a 6 ft table. A booth is a 10 x 10 space.

2 Likes

I have only been to one doll show. What would you say the minimum would be?

Goodness. In my opinion for a table I would think a minimum would be 4, but this is just my opinion. One thing I would consider is the price that I was going to sell my babies, or whatever you would be selling, and make sure I could cover the cost of the babies and the table. My first year I would want to build name recognition. So your signs and business cards would be an important factor also. I hope this helps.

2 Likes