Maybe y’all have been at it for a while but I am going to try and get started this week. I bought some sale BB babies and I have some treasured sculpts that I am excited to paint. I don’t root, my poor hands can’t take it, I have carpel tunnel from 30 years of making art. It’s not bad but rooting a whole head (s) feels like it would be torture but damn these little guys need a little more than painted hair I think.
I am getting so many beautiful photos on my social media feed of some incredible babies, blowing my mind. I feel like I need to level up a bit but I am kinda in my own little happy groove.
I want to do another series of fantasy/alternative, I have been going over the possibilities. Not sure why but those are my favorite babies to paint.
What is on your workbench? Are you planning to make Christmas babies this year?
What is your dream sculpt?
It gets lonely out here in this studio, catch me up, share the tea…
G
5 Likes
I do one or two “Christmas” babies which are the sculpts I have on hand at the time.
So…I have started Arrow this week and will do Sunna after…..that’s probably all
I will have time to do.
I’ll put a Christmas outfit in them and VOILA….
Christmas babies 
I can see why the fantasy/alternative calls to you…..you are SO good at it!!!
I did toy around with ordering Flora but haven’t yet…her ears intimidate me 
I bet you would make her into a fantastic version 
On days like today I hate to go inside to paint.
Beautiful fall day….the leaves are starting to fall and you can just smell it in the air.
I love spending the afternoon visiting all my hammocks and swings 



4 Likes
I think I have her on pre-order, I can’t remember, someone asked if I would be painting her. How can I not? (I hope it’s the same fairy Olga?)
I am glad someone is making sculpts with he fantasy ears, I have sculpted so many out of cosplay and they just never last as long and you have to be very careful with the baby.
It has been screaming hot here. We usually have warm October days that cool down by about 2pm but it’s just been garden killing hot until 2 in the morning. Yuck. I am ready for a sweater and hot cocoa, making my grandmothers Portuguese cabbage stew (it sounds gross but it is so good, you can smell it all down the block, lots of mint leaves).
We got rid of our lawn guy when we got rid of our lawns, I forgot he blows leaves… grrr, guess who will be raking every Saturday?
Have a great swing.
2 Likes
Baskets of kits for making Simply Babies™
These are the kits I am working on for my more affordable babies. I am hoping to get some of them ready in time for the holidays. I already painted all day today on the 2 Presley kits. I have 2 lovely Burt’s Bees Sleepers with turkeys on them in mind for these two.
4 Likes
I tried to resist all good sales as I have an embarrassingly large number of kits already, but today I gave up and bought 8 BB realborn heads since they were 50% off. They probably will not be Christmas cuddle babies as I am vendoring at Yophi in November, so not much time to paint before or after, and I am a very slow painter
.
Plus I want to get deeper into silicone, for that I need to stop painting vinyl, clean my space from any rooting, etc. But couldn’t resist the heads
.
The kit that I’ll be excited to paint is Maxan.
3 Likes
I am hoping to have a couple babies for sale for Christmas I have 2 kits to paint towards Christmas babies after tobiah that I am working on for myself.
1 Like
Your Flora will be awesome!!! I’m glad you ordered her!!!
Portuguese cabbage stew sounds yummy!!
I make a cabbage stew but it is kind of like a chili base with cabbage, beef and beans.
I am going to look up a recipe (unless you wouldn’t mind sharing yours…..I know some thing a are family secrets
)
1 Like
How awesome. They look yummy, Happy Painting.
It’s similar to a simple beef stew, but with a lot of redwine, and cabbage (potatoes and carrots also) it has onion, garlic, allspice, fresh mind leaves, some tomato sauce, beef bone broth, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, thyme and patience. You have to boil that meat down in the stew until it’s just falling apart. It takes about three hours, then you add all the veg and let it cook some more. It’s traditionally served over stale French bread.
I don’t know the exact reason for the is stew being such a big part of Santos and the Festa. It had something to do with queen Isabelle and feeding hungry people, crowning a village girl so she could be queen for the day. I do remember going to the very sad and boring little parades, the carnival, the festa, having sopas, linguica, lupini beans in jars, and winning Carnaval prizes made by nuns. The very best part, the cake walk, the most memorable part would be watching the old people in my family dance the shamarita-shamarosa (sp). Some very good times growing up. Had I known it would be 95 degrees today I would not have made it but it will be good tonight on the front porch when the weather starts to cool.
That chili sounds yummy.
I don’t eat red meat so I will just have the veg and bread. I do this to remember my nana, papa, and my gram. It makes me feel like I am closer to them for a little bit, and I hope they know I didn’t forget.
1 Like