It's amazing what babies do for people with Alzheimer's

When I go visit the nursing home again I Worked at for 18 years. I’m gonna see if I can donate a baby to the Alzheimer’s unit. https://www.facebook.com/HigherPerspective/videos/1255859171113066/

9 Likes

You are sweet to donate a doll. My daughter works at a nursing home and the grandpa’s and grandma’s (that’s who she calls her residents) love her doll. The stories and the memories that the (not so far along) residents tell are so interesting. And all the cuddles and kisses are heart warming.

2 Likes

I take care of a 91 year old lady. I gave her one of my dolls. She just loves him. She talks to him n ask me did I say good morning to him. I told her to think of a name for him, but she hasn’t yet. She doesn’t have dementia, but she is confused n forgetful at times.

3 Likes

I would like to donate a baby to a nursing home how would I go about it.

4 Likes

I would contact a nursing home n ask them.

2 Likes

I just started doing doll therapy at my local retirement village. They loved them and it was lovely to make their day and see them enjoy cuddles.

4 Likes

Do you take some dolls for them to cuddle? Are you requied to clean them in any particular way?

1 Like

I just popped into one that had a memory care unit and they were thrilled to get them. You might just look for one with memory care and drop in with one so that of they arent familiar they’ll know what you’re talking about. They’re so loved by the residents.

2 Likes

No, I just had them wrapped up in shawls to make it easier for them to cuddle and only take the smaller to newborn ones without magnets.

1 Like

What do you use to sanitize them? I am using vinegar, but am not sure that I should or if it actually sanitizes. I don’t want the residents to get sick.

This is what got me interested in reborning dolls. My granddaughter had one of the dolls from Ashton Drake which is similar to a reborn and my father thought it was real! It calmed him. It made him happy and it kept him from wandering!! So, I started doing research and came upon reborns and now my granddaughter and I are hooked!

2 Likes