It has been 20 years for me!

2024 begins the 20th year of Lil Dumplins Nursery! After getting a badly made reborn doll for my birthday in August of 2004, I took it apart and began the process of making her better. After that, I started making reborn dolls from Berenguer dolls I got from Kmart or Walmart and took apart, stripped and painted inside with purple acrylics and outside with oil paints. I wigged the babies, dressed them and sold them on Ebay. My husband purchased a case of 6 Berenguer LaNewborn dolls for me after that to reborn and thus Lil Dumplins Nursery was born! This year will conclude my 20 years of making reborn babies! Boy have we come a long way baby!

25 Likes

That’s amazing! Congratulations!

Happy reborniversary!! Thank you for sharing your knowledge of paints, mediums, and varnishes with the community. I have learned so much from you!

1 Like

That’s so cool!!! I have a question. Did you enjoy the process more then or now? I am just curious. :thinking:

Wow!

That is amazing, ya gonna keep going?

Happy Anniversary! :heart::heart::heart:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Angie!!! We’ve been around for a long time and seen a lot of history made in the reborn world!! CONGRATULATIONS :confetti_ball: :clap:t4: :bouquet: Dolly hugs :people_hugging: :hugs: :heart:

Amazing, congratulations :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Amazing milestone! Happy Anniversary! :tada: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh my gosh! That’s amazing! Congrats

Absolutely amazing milestone! You have taught me so much over the years and I’m so glad that your still here! :heart::heart:

1 Like

That’s a good question! I have always loved the process and grown with it and I am still growing and learning. I still have fun and I always did. In some ways I enjoy it now more because I have more resources than I did back when I started and the kits we work with are so amazing.

3 Likes

Things have definitely slowed down for me a bit because sales are not what they used to be and supplies cost so much more. I have thought about more than once focusing on making up all my remaining stock to sell and then finally focusing on the box of kits I have set aside to make babies to keep. That would keep me busy a year minimum and probably more. DOTW show was a big success for me this year. I am heading back there in June 2024 and just hope I do well again. It seems for me the once a year doll show is my main bread and butter if I am to keep doing this. I think I will know after this year where I am heading.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I have liked reborn babies since probably around 2005 or 2006 and I have only made 4 dolls total over all these years. I agree though that with some of the supplies that are now available and the newer way of painting and such I like making them better now by far. :grinning:

1 Like