Issues with Max

I’ve painting my Max kits and now putting them together and having a very hard time. I did the limbs and that was ok, but his body is giving me the blues. For those who have finished Max, how on earth did you get him stuffed properly through the little arm and leg holes? I’d appreciate any and all guidance :disappointed:

3 Likes

Try stuffing him using a wooden dowel. It should fit in perfectly. I have longer ones that I purchased from Michaels. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Did you put glass beads in his body?

since he is so tiny, you need to use a small amount of glass beads since the openings are so small. You can do it but you need to fill a stocking very loosely with beads so that there is room and then feed it in after you stuff some poly fill in first.

3 Likes

I put my glass beads in a stocking as usual but left extra space before I knotted it allowing me to move the beads around freely in the sock. Then I stuffed the extra in the doll and “poured” the beads from the other end of the stocking into the part inside the body a little at a time. It was easy really. Toward the end when there are only a few beads you can stuff the rest of the sock in. Then I stuffed around the sock with fiberfill, putting some in through each leg and through the neck. Don’t overstuff the neck or his head may not sit as tightly as you want into the body. I sealed all the arm and leg holes with moleskin. The head is stuffed as usual and put him together. I had to have my husband pop him together for me as I am just not strong enought to do it.

3 Likes

When I get my Americus, I may sell her. She’s really cute, but I don’t want to make another one of these full bodied vinyls. The cuddle factor is just not there for me at all. Anyway, I will decided after I get a look at her.

3 Likes

You can also use the handle of a wooden or plastic spoon.

1 Like

I use chop sticks to stuff tiny limbs.

2 Likes