ISO retro or retro style newborn clothes

Sounds like it would be a good plan, but I’m one of those rare people who’s not on Facebook. More shockingly, I never have been. :smile:

I love the whole vintage/ smocked look. I just got this cute set off of Etsy. You just really have to go through all the items for sell and you’ll find something

3 Likes

I do not know what I will part with yet, but I collect vintage baby clothes and might have some. Are you looking for girl clothes or boys?

1 Like

You might try Poshmark as well.

1 Like

I’ve heard of that site, will check it out. Thanks! :thinking:

@jennyk I am interested if you sell some boy vintage clothes.

2 Likes

I will keep that in mind. What decades are you looking for?

2 Likes

Well, my mom is getting two dolls, but only knows she’s getting one girl. So for sure I need girl’s clothes, but the second doll will go to her in a neutral outfit so she can decide it’s gender later.
Mom loves pink, ruffles, bows, roses. I’m hoping to find dressy stuff (think Sunday best) either from the 50’s to the 80’s or just that style. Need a small white or pink bonnet.
I just don’t know if I’ll need clothes for a boy and a girl or for two girls, so girl clothes now and more shopping later. Lol

1 Like

I just went back to work this week, but I will get some time this weekend. I had started going through things and organizing. I know I saw a two piece pink baby outfit circa late 50’s early 60’s and a white lace dress both still new with tags. I do not recall the size- though measurements are probably better. The vintage dress I put my Sue Sue in is tagged size 1 year, but modern she is 3-6 months.

1 Like

Dressing Ever sculpts. Newborn.

I hadn’t thought about there being a size difference for infants clothes with vintage. Thought it was just U.S. womens’ clothes sizes that are wonky.

Does that mean 1-3 months in a vintage size may work?

There may not be a big difference from 1950’s to now, but there is from 1930’s to now. One year is way smaller in the clothes I have than a modern 12 months- it is closer to 3-6 months.

1 Like

At what point are they considered antique? If you go back far enough weren’t all babies wearing the same styles regardless of gender?

1 Like

@jennyk 40s - 50s. It is for Stone (Tacy) made by @Alypants He is a representation of my Father born in the 40s. But any era is fine, lol. I like him in old style clothes. He wears 0 to 3 months. Thank you for considering.

2 Likes

Do you have any pix of your reborn and your Dad you feel comfortable sharing? That sounds really cool!

1 Like

Can’t share my Dad but here is where I shared Stone.

1 Like

Awww, that’s so sweet that you have a reborn baby version of your Dad, I just love that idea! :two_hearts:Retro clothes sure seem to suit him!

Yes, I need to find more. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ty for recommending poshmark, I haven’t purchased from there yet, but it’s a nice setup for shopping!

1 Like