Is Macpherson backed up?

Hopefully they get everything sorted out for you. I agree the coupon code should be honored, but we’ll see what they do. I will say though that prior to this I have NEVER had any issues with them and their customer service has been amazing in the past. I almost exclusively deal with them because I’m in Canada and the shipping costs from outside the country just kill me.
I did get a reply yesterday stating that they were shipping out my order so I’m hopeful that things are resolved. Not 100% sure though until I get tracking to confirm

3 Likes

The only thing I don’t like about MacPherson’s is the separate invoice for shipping. I want to know the total cost before I hit the purchase button. As far as shipping times, we’re very spoiled by BB. Almost no one ships as fast as they do.

3 Likes

It is stated on there website that all prices are in USD

Yes, it is now, but it was not in the past, and the other day when I wanted to look at a particular kit and ended up on their website, that listing did not say it again. Maybe there is somewhere a notice, but that is not much help for people who get to their site directly to an item they googled. In any case, it is normal nowadays, when most people trade across borders that their stores have on the top on the right selection of currencies for customers to choose. Or they just put all their prices like au$100 or cn$100 or HK$ or GBP or euro. But generally, people expect that if they buy from American store the prices are in US$, and if they buy from UK the price will be in pounds.

Every now and then, when I start getting low on kits, I go shopping, I find kits I want and check few stores for best deals - that means not just cheapest price but also good deal on postage. I evaluate the options and order; usually that takes me few hours to make decision and order the next half a dozen kits to add to my stash. Usually, sellers have the info about shipping available on their sites, but if I need to ask question, the answer is usually sent within 24 hours. Every single transaction that I had with McP was complicated, took ages; questions were not answered, postage quotes took 10 days and more. The 1st order I was trying to make I sent 3 emails before I got answer, thinking maybe my emails did not go through, and then they seemed to be unhappy about me expecting to get reply within few days. I was told that their inbox is flooded; well it would not be flooded if all the relevant info was in their listing. All kits of one size are pretty much the same weight, so it is not a rocket science to have international shipping calculator in the listing.

All what I am saying is, if you want to buy from McP expect long handling, posting time and reply time.

1 Like

I do not expect answers on public holidays or weekends either. But postage quotes are easily done from the online calculators.
MacPs seem to be a good deal for Canadians and people from US, that is fine, but when people regularly come here and to other forums worried that they have not received reply or their orders, it is only fair to let them know that often they are slow responding.

This was the baby I was checking out; there is nowhere to see currency, as far as i can see;
https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/reborn-doll-kits/levi-by-bonnie-brown-detail

Levi is $109.99 USD. Free shipping.

Yes, I know, but it does not say so, do you understand that when people from around the world look at this they assume that being in Canada means it is Canadian $ ?

1 Like

Update, I got kits today…I called and left a message and Brenda contacted me. My Nellie kit was set aside, so it worked out.–well almost the bogo on LHOH is not valid. This order took an extra long time. Communication was there except for those couple of days, which were explained afterwards. After that the shipment was sent out right away. There were several factors that needed to be squared away. In the end everything worked out. Just wanted to pass it on that everything was resolved.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile: I also got my order so everything is resolved for me also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops, didn’t mean to single you out, thought i put it at the bottom,. Glad it worked out for you. Things happen, but I believe they tried. That’s all I ask for. :relaxed:

1 Like

Definitely :slight_smile: That’s all they can do is try, in the end I got an answer to my question and that’s all I wanted. I was more than happy to wait for my kits cause I knew they’d arrive haha

1 Like