Interview with reborn owners

Hiya!

I am a Daily Mail reporter who is interested in reborn dolls and the stories of the women who buy them. If you have a large collection and would like to share your story, please feel free to email me at timothyna.duncan@mailonline.com or give me a call at (929) - 266 - 9804.

Thanks!
Timothyna

4 Likes

You will find lots of mommy’s here and there a hundreds of Facebook groups full of collectors. I hope you write up a kind story and not one that makes fun of this hobby. There are many reasons why ladies collect reborns. Ranging from personal loss to just wanting a realistic looking baby. I’m not a collector but one of many artists who love bringing these babies to life for their mommy’s. Welcome to our forum. :heart:

16 Likes

Thanks so much ! I work for the news features section of the Daily Mail, so I cover stories in-depth. I will make sure to cover the intricacies of what goes into owning a reborn doll!

13 Likes

You might also want to touch on what goes into creating one of these dolls. They’re not just dolls, but three dimensional works of art. Collecting them really isn’t any different than collecting other types of art or objects.

5 Likes

Wow. That’s a gorgeous name. Timothyna. How do you pronounce that?
I don’t have a huge collection, and I’m not one for the spotlight, but I appreciate that you’re willing and able to touch on this topic! Certainly there are lots of different steps that go into making one of these dolls–hours and hours, weeks and weeks. Then there’s preparing the doll to go home, and finally the new “mommy” or “daddy” of the reborn has their experience. It’s such a broad topic, honestly I could probably write a whole novel about it! Maybe someday I will.
I look forward to hearing about what you do. :wink: I wish you much luck and success in your project!

2 Likes

I know I’d be leary to give my customers name out for fear of it being turned into a crazy doll lady interview. Your best bet is to try joining reborn groups on Facebook to get ladies who are willing to be interviewed.

5 Likes

Rather than an article of a reborn collection, focus on the necessity of a reborn. How a reborn is a tool in the medical field often replacing anti-psychotic medications.

3 Likes

Please do tell more!

A dementia woman angry grabbed the metal foot rest from her wheel chair to hit the employee. Rather than using medication that could harm her along with the struggle to administer the medicine. An employee brought a reborn to her, instantly the anger left and she embraced it as a real baby. A reborn was used over and over again for this woman.

Hi Timothyna, its Sheila of Barefeet Baby Boutique, we did an interview about 2 weeks ago. Haven’t heard from you, how many reborners are you using for your article, just curious? Ladies I have talked to her, sent photos and did phone with her, but hadn’t heard from her since then.:footprints: I felt she wanted me to be a fanatical collector who everyone thinks is strange. I did check her out and she is a legit Daily Mail employee, you choose, I didn’t expect her to be on the forum looking for a lot of other reborners.

4 Likes

Hi Sheila! good to hear from you ! And I’m still in my interviewing phase! But I hope to have about three to four featured in my piece!

Ah friends, where would we “normal” people be without them. Yes I think she is looking for a fanatic or obsessed baby doll collector that people think is a crazy. I told her I wasn’t a fanatic ,had no large collection, No I’m not obsessed and gosh my husband doesn’t care or wonder about me, ha ha Good luck Timothyna with your article and I hope it is not detrimental to our little community when you are through. My opinion only and hugs to all. Shera

6 Likes

Yeah, sadly sensationalism sells in the Press world. There are many positive uses for these dolls but they seem to be ignored. There have already been more than enough crazy doll lady pieces. Yawn.

5 Likes

This forum is mostly used by people who create reborn dolls. There are less people here who just have a large collection.
There are a lot of articles about reborns out there that are biased, which is why the forum members may seem wary of giving an interview.
If you genuinely want to write an unbiased article about what goes into creating these dolls, I’m sure plenty of members will be happy to help.
However, we’re kind of sick of the ‘look at those crazy women, they pretend their overpriced baby dolls are real. Why don’t they just have a real baby?’ pieces. It’s been done way too often.

4 Likes

Sorry ladies, but what do you expect? Story about somebody totally ordinary who just has handful of pretty dolls is not going to be interesting enough.

4 Likes

We could do like sweet brown and “act” crazy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s a shame they can’t do a positive piece, I guess negativity and notoriety go hand in hand. Be nice to do a medical aspect point of view. That might not fly too well with some of the medical community though, they love their medication. Or maybe how a doll helped a woman heal her grief from a miscarriage and the pain that followed her entire life. How a simple gift of a doll that was not solicited surprisingly helped heal that grief. Maybe, someone who was just curious, bought a doll just because they thought they were creepy and found out there was much more to them and joined the other side…one who wants to spread the happiness. I’m sure there’s a million good stories out there. Maybe this reporter should purchase one, if they didn’t already and see for themselves. Maybe do a story from the very beginning of an artist making one all the way to visiting an Alzheimer’s unit. They can see for themselves? Hey, maybe I should of been a reporter!:joy:

3 Likes

Be careful @RebornDaddy :joy:
You may inspire a new angle “crazy doll men”

2 Likes

Get writing lady! You don’t have to be a reporter. :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t collect reborns, however I maybe consider a crazy kit hoarder!!

3 Likes