I'm being priced right out of reborning

This is the new Ping Lau 9 month baby Lyra. She’s just adorable but the kit with body is $190 + shipping. They’re all going up, but, as much as I’d love to have her, this price is out of my budget.

14 Likes

Agreed…

She is just adorable! But I agree, I haven’t purchased any of the ping lau toddlers because of this.

4 Likes

She’s adorable, but yeah. That’s a lot of money!

2 Likes

She is cute, but so many of my kits have flaws these days that I do not think I would pay that much. I can usually work around them, but it takes more time and time cuts into profit too much on some kits.

4 Likes

It’s 236$ cad for me…a bit expensive ! If I knew I was able to sell it for a nice amount it could worth it.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why the kit prices are going up even bountiful baby ones seem more expensive nowadays

3 Likes

I heard the factory increased their prices.

5 Likes

That’s not good

Factories increased their prices due to Covid, form what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

It is all related. The shut down. Increase gas prices. So increase in cost of supplies. Everything is going to continue increasing in price.

2 Likes

If I hadn’t already purchased some sculpts I loved not sure I would buy them now at some of the new (covid) prices. The price of paint, varnish (if you can find it) and bodies, and even carters prices are going way up, this means we have to drive up our prices, no one is going to like it or understand it.

I just listed a new series of babies and had to increase my price almost 100 bucks (I should have done it a long time ago anyway) because everything just cost me more.

I understand there are supply chain issues but China isn’t charging more to pour, Carters isn’t paying its employees more, it’s simply supply and demand.

Big corporations that sell supplies to makers had a huge year, amazon is not hurting.

I don’t understand economics enough…

If things get much crazier I will take a break and wait. I don’t want to feed greed. I also think we are going to need to go old school and figure out some hacks, make our own bodies, refurbish some dolls get ok with thrifted clothing (there are actually so many awesome finds) switch to air dry, buy a damn goat.

8 Likes

A goat can be very expensive to keep…

5 Likes

They sure can but they give you milk, they give your mohair, they are kinda like a funny looking dog, you can lend them to your neighbors to “mow” your lawn. I wish we could have one but I live in a big city, maybe I can act oblivious, name her Daisy, take her to the dog park on a leash, teach her to fetch a ball, and people will feel too sorry for me to let me know my dog is not a dog.

11 Likes

What would you name this imaginary goat??? :wink:

— I can read I promise! :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL

I got excited and typed before I read the whole paragraph…

3 Likes

Here’s Melody Hess’ explanation of kit costs. Her post is directed at knock offs. But still, her breakdown of cost is relevant to this conversation

4 Likes

That is insane when you think of the big edition sizes. $148,000 - $259,000 for Delilah (only counting the factory kit prices, not the fees, etc. )

3 Likes

Several years ago someone had a pot belly pig at the small size dog park​:scream::scream::joy::joy::joy:. Dogs didn’t seem to care. However there was no interaction from the piggy​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The cost of fuel to transport is going up. The cost of production has gone up d/t cost of utilities going up. This contributes.

2 Likes

Our pig loved to go camping and rode in the back of the pickup with the dogs. :heart:

3 Likes