If you Squeeze

Just curious…if you were to squeeze babies head after you filled it, would it still be squishy,able to squeeze? Or do you fill so much it is hard??? How do you fill your babies? I leave filling at minimum, so it filled,weighted but squeezable, not hard as rock… your thoughts?

2 Likes

I don’t like their heads to be too squishy, but not totally rock hard either. I’d say the heads end up firm, and the limbs have about as much give as a real arm or leg.

2 Likes

Is it normal to be able to squeeze a baby’s head? I suppose you could always leave out a hollow space where the soft spot is but because there’s a skull there, you shouldn’t be able to.

No, not normal to squeeze,trying to gauge how much artists prefer to fill.

I fill it enough to be firm but not so full the face is bulging out, sometimes while I’m filling the head I squeeze it to make sure all the stuffing is evenly distributed throughout and then sometimes I have to remove some after I do that. But I don’t like my babies head to be squishy with barely any filling but I don’t like it to be so stuffed full that it’s rock hard either

3 Likes

I pack the head tightly enough to hold the weight sack in place but not to distort the head. It’s generally still squeezable but not super soft.

7 Likes

Right. I want my head to feel realistic so I don’t want to be able to squeeze it a bunch. I fill mine 3/4’s of the way with a pellet filled nylon and then fill the rest with polyfil. Then I reshape anything that needs reshaping on the outside.

Weird. I’ve never had that happen. So I couldn’t tell you if my babies cheeks are squeezable, lol. I just know the back of their heads are not.

2 Likes

Guess it depends on kit also. Some are hard, not very squeezeable. I fill so that the bead pouch does not move, but the head is still squeezable. Guess its just a preference.
I ask because a customer sent a video to me where she is squeezing head so hard, it looks like its not filled, and she is saying she wanted it hard. She squeezes it so hard i told her shes going to damage doll.
So flipping weird, never had any issues with this before. Kind of strange.

4 Likes

I fill mine full enough to be full, but not to the point that it makes the head a different shape.

2 Likes

Me too. I like my heads firm, but not distorted.

3 Likes

Yes, that would make a huge difference! Even stuffed to the gills, the heads will be squishable to some degree…the type of polyfil will also make a difference. Gee, who goes around squishing baby heads? :astonished:

2 Likes

You should see how she is squeezing it. So forcefully , grabbing it between her hand and squeezing and pressing it down. Its my summer rain i posted on here. Now she says it looks store bought…lol…really

???

4 Likes

What is her problem?! Your babies are gorgeous!!! The kits are meant to be squeezed like that! Is she fishing for a partial refund?

2 Likes

Another case of buyers remorse. Says her hubby does not like it. I need to go to classes,on and on… was sooo rude. Got mad when i asked her not to do that to head. If she wants refund, i will refuse, just based on her pushing and squeezing baby. How the heck do i know what else shes done to it. Very very strange. Plus i sent her tons of photos, over 30 conversations. Sometimes the stress from customers alone makes me question it all . Oh, and said it was a cheaply made kit…what??

2 Likes

Punch her in the face!

LoL I am kidding!

4 Likes

Haaaaaa!!! Love it! Boy i feel like it…im settling on this though.

:hugs::hugs::wine_glass::wine_glass:

3 Likes

There ya go! :wink:

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I’m so sorry. What’s with people??

Your glass of wine looks like a wonderful way to relax tonight!!! :wine_glass: :tropical_drink:

4 Likes

That a girl! :wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

3 Likes