I wish I could stop working

I wish I could quit working so I could work on my reborns more. Seeing all these beautiful babies make me wanna work on mine more. But, if I don’t work, then I wouldn’t have money to buy the kits, sigh!! When I get to the point when it’s time to root the head, At least I can do that at work. I do private duty work. 12hr n 7 hr shifts! My client already told me, she wouldn’t know what to do without me.

9 Likes

I’m sure @Nikkiroc can relate! :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish I could stop working and just make babies! I work from home (daycare) and I walk past the room the dolls are in and take a peek and want to start painting, but I have to wait till Sat. :frowning: Real babies keep me busy, Someday they’ll all be grown and I’ll wish I had them around more. Just wish I had more time in my day to paint! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. I hate working. It really disrupts my doll making! I just get home about now, and it’s dark, and I’m to tired to do good work!!! :weary::weary::weary: all the whining in the world and it’s not helping me at all!!!

3 Likes

Yes, I returned back to work too in January after being off for a year ! I own my own preschool centre , so I work three days a week , part time . I am lucky I still have Tuesday and Thursdays to do my baby painting !! It is hard to balance both , but like the rest of you , at least it gives me the money to keep buying kits . Here are some photos of my preschool . . … we have lots of fun there too !!

20 Likes

Nice daycare

1 Like

Now that’s a place that would be a dream to go to work everyday :wink: too bad that little kids learn fast to walk all over me lol…they would swinging around like monkeys and jumping on the furniture in no time. Meanwhile I would be hiding under a peice of furniture sucking my thumb…

3 Likes

Great looking daycare center.

1 Like

I used to miss work, lol mostly my paychecks! Now I just work on my Plexus home business :blush: I make people healthy and get a paycheck. It gives me my dolly dollars and time to get better before I sell a baby LOL. It’s handy since this addiction is so strong, all I want to do is paint! And lounge on the forums, and buy kits… lots of kits.

3 Likes

Your daycare looks so bright and cheery, You have way more energy than I do. I work full time in a office, nice laid back job but I am still very tired when I get home so most of my doll stuff happens on the weekends.

4 Likes

I can definitely relate! If I wasn’t paying off two loans and bills, I would definitely be working on more babies. I made my first in December when I was working part time, and come January when I was promoted to full time BAM! There goes the time to paint, and on my days off I have absolutely NO motivation to paint. I can’t even say it’s worth it because I don’t even have dolly dollars to show for it xD

2 Likes

I know what ya mean… I wanna stop work too and just paint and finish school. Although I can’t at the moment because I owe too muc on my credit cards and I refuse to let Bob pay for my “stuff” since he pays everything for the house, cars, food, etc etc… and allows my son to only pay $25 a week even though Jess and baby Arya are here a few days a week too. So I don’t want him to pay for my spending and dolly habit LOL.

I also think my job is contributing to my foot problem I am having. I am diabetic for one, and standing and walking a lot at my job is rough. I am a part time manager at a retail clothing store (Catherine’s Plus Sizes). We aren’t allowed to sit down…ever…except to pee and to eat for 30 minutes IF you are scheduled for 6 hours or more. So now I have a foot ulcer about the size of a pencil eraser on the bottom of my big toe. I was off work 3 weeks and that seemed to help a little . But it just does not want to close up. It is not infected or anything and it is not very deep… it just won’t go away. It is really cramping my style because we stay so busy. So I go to the podiatrist every two weeks for her to remove callus that starts to cover this hole. I am starting to feel depressed about it all. I have to keep telling myself that it could be worse, but I am really tired of dealing with it.

That preschool looks so adorable… I bet the kiddos love it there.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone !! I love my work at my preschool , but boy I am tired some days !! LoL !! Not sure where those three and four year olds get their energy !! :grinning:

5 Likes

Things take longer to heal when you are diabetic. Being on your feet that long isn’t gonna help either. Sometimes you can’t win for loosing.

1 Like

I know … I’ve been diabetic since I was 26. The doc has me on short shifts where I can’t work any longer than 4 hours a day. So I usually get 12 to 15 hours a week at work.

@anon77773884. We aren’t supposed to sit at all but will sometimes if I am closing and we are slow. But that’s not that often. And we aren’t allowed to wear tennis shoes for comfort. Supposed to wear something fashionable lol.

I may consider trying to pay all my stuff off again and quit wrk until I get out of school. But even that will take a while lol

1 Like

Have you tried some inserts for your shoes, like dr.scholls?

I have to wear callus cushions over this place on my toe. They also let me slide and I wear the Skecher’s Go Walks with the memory foam. I just can’t wear lace up tennis shoes/sneakers.

1 Like

I also wear an off loading shoe while waiting for this to heal. Wearing that thing makes my hips and knees hurt lll

Makes me miss preschool so MUCH! Can’t teach since we moved to FL; credentials are different. BOO. Yours is set up so nicely!

1 Like

We don’t even get a break unless you are scheduled for at least 6 hours. If you are scheduled for 6 hours or more you get a 30 minute break to sit and eat. Less than 6 hours and no breaks except we can go pee and IF there is nobody in the store we will sit down occasionally. But mostly it is standing and walking the whole time.

1 Like