I treated myself / silicone painting kit

I have sold a lot lately, and after helping pay for my new roof I have decided to treat myself. I think I deserve it !

Look at the new neck rings color !
I am in total love with the 3, especially Tia
And yes, they are perfectly proportioned.

It’s been a while since I wanted to try this ! If I like it, I may"invest" in a partial silicone (that’s sooo expensive!)

I have a question regarding thoses silicone at Mac Phearson, don’t people think it’s a scam, when you try to sell like a Rosalie silicone ? We always tell them that they are vinyl kits, it may became confusing in the short term ?

16 Likes

I love Tia, too. What are the “masks” in the second pic?

1 Like

They are silicone practice faces with silicone paint !

4 Likes

Cool! Please post progress pics and let us know how the paint takes.

4 Likes

Let us know what you think! I’ve been wanting to try that kit!

2 Likes

I will ! I am very curious about this new process. I just hope I will be able to keep dust and lint away. That’s what is frightening me the most !

3 Likes

Sometimes you got to treat yourself I treating myself when Leilani comes available for my birthday next month and I got Christopher also to treat myself

3 Likes

Also treated myself with Katy kit last week ordered from macphersons still processing it says

It always fun to treat ur self when can

3 Likes

Yes it was and still is a tough time, I may have no money struggle but it’s not easy in other way for us. So when I can, I get something to keep me motivated and happy ! And if mommy is happy, family is happy !

5 Likes

Well, I like it ! As easy as airdry. Mottling is a bit tricky tho, and the colors are not pigmented, I have to adjust.
But I love the feeling of the silicone !

9 Likes

I think it’s finish.
I will let it cure and matting tomorrow.

17 Likes

This is really cute!!! Do you use air dry normally? What’s different between silicone paints and air dry paints?

2 Likes

You did a great job!

2 Likes

The paint itself is very different as it is silicone. But the process is the same, it cure to the touch kind of fast, you can use sponges to apply, it’s the same process really. Even the dust collecting is the same :laughing:

The only thing I dislike a bit, and it’s may be just the brand of paint, it’s it’s not enough pigmented for my taste.

2 Likes

You can purchase pigments, paints, and part A+B from the company Smooth On (who make ecoflex) btw, if you decide you enjoy it! The test face looks great so far! Excited to see what else you do! Oh also, because I know my friends who use silicone struggle with this, blicks has “classroom” packs of brushes that end up being a lot cheaper than purchasing singular or small packs of brushes since the brushes are hard to clean to some extent!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! You did such a good job, I think I need to try this kit. What are you going to do with the face once you finish?

2 Likes

@eversunnynyes I will buy that if I decide to do kits ! That way I will have more control over colors. This trial set have the pigments already mixed with part B. I often buy brushes in dollars stores.

@ShannonN thanks ! I tough maybe try to glue it somehow to a ball and make a bear baby. I don’t know how I will make it work. Or I will use the face as a stress ball…:yum:

4 Likes

Lol! I wonder if you could do something like Laura Eagles did…

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I have in mind ! I just have to figure out how to attach the head

3 Likes

That would be awesome!

2 Likes