I think I'm Done with making Reborns

Just wanted to vent…I sold a doll on Reborns, I worked so long on this baby only to I get a mean message back from the customer saying she doesn’t like the “feel” of the vinyl and the doll looks like a doll for a child. She was so rude and said she doesn’t care that I said I don’t do returns she will just go to Paypal. I was very nice and said I will refund her as soon as I receive the doll. My father just passed away recently, I honestly don’t have the energy to deal with ppl like her especially during this stressful time in my life. I have decided I am done with making reborns as the stress and anxiety over whether a customer likes a doll is just not worth it to me anymore. Anyway, I’m done venting for now lol…Wishing everyone a beautiful Christmas and Happy New Year!

8 Likes

It has been a tough year for reborn sales in general. As for Reborns.com I have had a few more strange messages and requests than normal, mostly people trying to bargain down.

Selling these babies isn’t easy if you are new to it or haven’t been selling a long time.

Don’t be discouraged, take a break, be with your family, rest, relax, and if it calls you back, go for it, of not maybe there is a new creative door that will open.

Sorry you are feeling down.

G

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. The first holidays are very hard after losing someone we love. Don’t make any major decisions during this time of grieving. Put reborning on hold for now. You may want to come back to it later. Don’t let one disgruntled customer ruin something you love.

5 Likes

I’m so very sorry for the loss of your Dad. The holidays can be stressful, especially dealing with such a painful loss.

As far as the nasty customer, I don’t exaggerate when I say that most of us have had our fair share of them. Sounds like this one has a case of buyer’s remorse and wants to find a way to get a refund and instead of being rational she’s being mean and hurtful.

PayPal won’t necessarily side with her. If she opens a case you can call and explain your side. I’m so sorry you’re having to deal wirh all of this, but don’t let one bad deal push you away from reborning. For every crummy customer there are a hundred more who would love and appreciate your work.

8 Likes

Yikes people are horrible and just have to ruin it for everyone else. I had a bride do the same thing to me when my brother died and we had no idea what happened. People have gotten so caught up in themselves. I closed my portrait business, and stopped going on Facebook.

I’m a very emotional person and I try to put my heart in everything I do. Negativity absolutely crushes me.

I’m so sorry someone made you feel this way.

What you need to understand is that SHE is miserable and unhappy in her LIFE. She is looking for something she will never find and she wants everyone around her to be miserable.

Don’t let her win by letting her have a piece of your soul.

Do what you love and what makes you happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think we need prospective “parents” to apply for reborn purchases.

My biggest fear is someone will be unhappy with one of my babies cause they are my babies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: made with love… the two I’ve sold on reborns I’ve never heard a word from and of course can’t help but feel they weren’t happy enough to comment :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Or, they were perfectly happy and felt no need to comment.

4 Likes

In fairness, I also don’t like the texture feel which is one of the reasons I use air dry paints. Her other comment was uncalled for. She did see it before buying. I doubt it changed appearance on the way to her.

5 Likes

I can relate totally. Of all the dolls I sold- I have no idea how many since 2010- I remember the nice or kind people that would give pleasant feedback but mostly I remember the 3 occasions when things didn’t go well. These people kind of do the the same modus operandi - they complain about something like the paint or the hair-and let’s face it- it is art and subjective- so they want a refund. I had one lady poke out the eyes of my Eleanor Anne and say I didn’t secure the eyes. I was crushed and I still miss that doll- she was beautiful. It was a huge turn off for me. From that point on I hated selling the dolls even though I loved making them. I have tons of kits here I am slowly selling and now with all the copies and problems the reborning world has had- I really only make them for myself.

6 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. must be hard for you.
I had a customer being fussy that I didn’t send her the hanger with a dress . A hanger ?? I mean it was on the photo and didn’t think about adding it to the parcel. I was so mad, so sent her 5 hangers with a Christmas card. costed me extra $15 . I do hope karma will get back to her that someone will give her hard time over something little like a " Hanger "

5 Likes

Please come back to reborning in a few weeks/ months .

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments. You have all made my day. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I’m just still so put off by this lady. The thought of having to stress myself into a frenzy over whether someone will or not like my work is just not worth it to me anymore. Perhaps I’m just too sensitive these days. She never even commented back after I said… oh im so sorry you didn’t like the reborn I will refund you as soon as I receive the reborn back. I have No idea if she sent it or not. She completely ignored me. I just want to get the doll back, refund her, block her and be done with it. It’s just unnecessary stress that no one needs.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened to you. I feel the same, this whole experience has been such a turn off for me, to stress every time I ship a doll and having to hold my breath waiting for someone to let me know if they like my work or not is just not worth it to me anymore :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you SO much for your comment. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:I’m also a very emotional person and I think these days I’ve become much more sensitive to what ppl think, especially like you said, when you put your heart into it. Negativity also crushes me, I can’t stand it. I just want to get the reborn back, refund her and be done with it. Thanks again for being so sweet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks so much Karen :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You know, you may Never get the doll back BECAUSE maybe she didn’t really Not like it, maybe she was just fishing to get a Discounted price. She may have thought you would greatly reduce the price if she claimed she didn’t like the doll. Some people are just a real pain in the butt! I hope you get it back and it’s in good condition, send the refund then, and resell the baby. Block her off after that, no more selling to that person!!

6 Likes

It’s really hard to put a lot into something and let it go let alone open yourself up to what people feel is ok to rip you to shreds because something didn’t measure up to thier standards in some way

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Praying for comfort for you and your family. As for the lady you sold your doll to, let it go. There are all kinds of strange people out there who just seem to want to make people miserable when they change their minds about spending money.

1 Like

Any updates?