I think I need to

when I first started wanting to start reborning, I bought myself a reborn. He was from northern lights. He was my go to baby for learning, since he was the only reborn I had ever seen in real life. He has been so helpful in learning, but I think I have out grown him and what he can teach me and it’s time to try something new. It’s so hard to decide on what I need. Any advice?

Why don’t you strip him and redo him with all your new skills?

1 Like

If you re-do him, then you’ll be able to see what’s actually inside. Hopefully, you won’t have sand or any other unwanted items.

It turns out… He is not one of my favorites. I knew nothing when I bought him… Now I see my choices are AMAZING. I want a doll to look at to help me move forward. More advanced, so I can look and learn. :heart:

You can sell him and buy one that is like something you want to create.

1 Like

I think that I will Amy!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️I guess I just needed someone to say it!!! :heart:️:+1::smiley:

It’s ok. There will be someone that wants to be his new mommy. You can take that money to help buy one that inspires you. I did a little fix-up on my first reborn purchase and gave her to my mom. I did the same as you and tried to emulate everything about her until I realized I was capable of doing better.

1 Like

It’s weird how you kinda feel like a bad parent… Lololol ololol

3 Likes

That is true. I did have a little bit of anxiety but I had reborned twins of the same sculpt (Megan) and I was soooo in love with the twins that I was able to let her go. You may even need to find your new love before you sell him; it may help you be able to let him go easier.

2 Likes

heehee, You are so right! I still have the first reborn I ever bought (was an avid doll collector long before I was a reborn artist) He is not the most beautiful baby in the world but every time I get the notion to part with him, I feel guilt! hahahahaha! so he is still here 9 years later… :smile:

1 Like

Nichole, you changed your hair?! :smile:

2 Likes

Yes! I do it ALOT! Lolol

1 Like

Hi Nikki,

I am the same…did not realize it was you. I went looking for your other photo and could not find you. then it dawned on me when I saw the name…Your Photo looks great…Love your hair

2 Likes

Thank you… I love the black. But I was born to be blonde😃

2 Likes

I have brown hair but even I think I have “blonde moments”. I can’t explain the occasional really stupid moments any other way. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am dark brown but I bleach the front of mine so that when I have ‘blonde monments’ I have an excuse…lol :smile:

2 Likes

Simone, you may want to buy one that inspires you (made by someone you can trust) so you can see and feel one done by someone else. Having one in the beginning helped me understand what I was doing. Now, I’d like to have one from each of of my “reborn idols”.

3 Likes

Me too Amy!!! I need another learning baby:-) Simone, I totally understand. I bought Liam when I first started, he has helped so much because I have never seen another’s reborn. But the time has come that I have learned all I can from this little guy. I need to photo shoot him for sale, but I don’t want him to go until I have another muse. I hate being budget limited/-( I am currently not working, except on my dolls… So it’s damn near impossible to talk the hubs into another baby. He says… You have heads and parts everywhere! Make one. He does NOT understand. :weary:mean dumb husband! Lololol

3 Likes

LOL!!! I hear ya’! My hubby goes deaf when I say, “Oh, I’d love to have that adorable baby!” :cry:

On a brighter side of that, I recently won a reborn baby by Tina Bloomfield of Bloomfields Bonnie Babes Nursery. Here’s her pics on Facebook (look at those lips and hair!):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.862724460453786.1073742036.187164511343121&type=3

3 Likes

Lucky!!! She is gorgeous!!! What was the contest?