I matted Tink's hair

I’m devastated. I fully rooted Tink’s hair until after midnight to get done. I’ve read that others have washed the hair after and before the hair cut and she’s matted to the vinyl. I’m trying not to give up but I’ve had so much go wrong that I don’t know if I can hang in there anymore. I’ve tried to untangle it but it’s horrible. I’ll have to pull it all out. I’m sick and done. :sob::weary:

1 Like

What sort of hair did you use?

1 Like

Did you use shampoo? If so, It’s likely it was the type of shampoo. Mohair is animal hair so it’s not always compatible with certain types of shampoo for humans. With that being said, I typically wash my mohair after rooting it. Some types of curly mohair gets tangled when wet so before styling I will put in the my conditioner mix after washing before trying to detangle. Sometimes it has nothing to do with shampoo but the hair itself.

2 Likes

Oh no!! I hope there is a solution besides ripping it out.

1 Like

Did you try to use a stiff bristle hair brush while the water runs gently over the hair? That has worked for me in the past but you will lose some of the hair :confused:

1 Like

Oh no! Did you wash it with cold water? I’ve heard that can matte the mohair :frowning: Maybe it isn’t as bad as you think! What does it look like?

1 Like

Ty Ladies! I took a metal comb and lifted it enough to cut it out. :frowning: I lost a lot of hair but I rooted her too thickly for a preemie anyway. It is hair from The Quirky Chromatist which is good hair to me but I’m Not good at rooting and know all that much about it. So it’s not their fault. She’s got less hair but it’s not matted anymore. I used alot of baby leave in conditioner again and scissors.

3 Likes

She was matted to the head. I’m never doing that again. I’m still in tears. It doesn’t look very good now. All that work and hair.

Ugh that stinks. I’m so sorry. It always stinks when you are so near the finish line and something messes it up. I bet with some styling she will still look gorgeous!

1 Like

Try putting conditioner or no more tears on your fingers and working the tangled out. You can leave it in when your done so it doesn’t happen easily again. I spay mine and comb it wet often with no more tears.

1 Like

I am so sorry this happened, I would be freaking and crying too! Sounds like you are working through this situation pretty well.

1 Like

That bites.

I have never washed hair after rooting, just spray it with mohair conditioner. PM me your address and I will send you a sample bottle to use for the next round.

1 Like

I love her hair…I was thinking maybe it was alpaca which tangles easily. Im so sorry this happened. I also wash my babies hair, I use a baby shampoo and then a leave in conditioner. I could see having problems if the hair is thick or long.

1 Like

Here is how I shampoo my babies hair. No tangling with this method. Credit Kim’s Custom Baby Dolls: Reborn with Me! Baby's First Shampoo: How to Wash Mohair on a Reborn Doll - YouTube

2 Likes