I gave my Brooklyn Combi hair

@Lslusher1 For a soft baby brown I use brow brown with blue mixed in. Any blue will do. My blonde baby I used brow blonde with a bit of nail tip white. I may have used a hint of ochre in some of it. My ethnic baby had different ratios of mars black and raw sienna. If you use brow brown right out of the jar, it is more like an Auburn, which you can see on my boy Summer Rain or “Shelby.” If you click on my shop on Reborns you should be able to see them all for comparison. Wild Meadow Art Dolls

1 Like

Ok thanks Aly

1 Like

Oh so cute!! I’m actually surprised she hasn’t sold yet I really like her

Thanks. I am surprised too. But I know she is kind of unique in coloring. I don’t know if I will paint this style again. It seems like a warm complexion with baby brown hair sells better.

I just missed out on making a sale because we couldn’t come to terms with currency. She was hoping to pay CAD of the number I had listed. I told her it wasn’t really feasible. It was about 60 dollars less for me. We had it worked out with me including a nice box opening but in the end it was just too much in Canadian dollars for her. I’m a little bummed.

1 Like

That sucks :frowning: I know her pain but would never ask an artist to go lower or for me to pay the price as CAD. I’d hate it if someone did that to me. She’ll sell soon, she’s lovely!

I almost did offer to let her pay less, but then she started asking about payment plans and with taking less money, I definitely didn’t want to do a payment plan. At least I got her interested in my work. I told her I will be doing dolls in all price ranges, so hopefully she will buy one slightly less. I have a girl swearing to me she is buying June tomorrow. We’ll see. She couldn’t put down any money, so I didn’t reserve her. I’ve been burned a couple of times being nice.

2 Likes

As so many times being said here, reborns are luxury item, not ‘must have’ item. If people want to buy reborn in their price range there are plenty babies in a different price ranges on reborns. Stick to your price range that you think worth to you. It does not meant that you should not be flexible, but reserving without payments or lowering the price and then asking for payment plan does not make any sense, IMO.

2 Likes

@YelenaRey I agree. I hate to profile people but it seems I have a lot of people in their 20s who are always trying to buy with the next paycheck. The mom in me wants to say, “Spend your hard earned money on something wiser!” I try not to judge people on how they spend their money, and I do want the sales. I agree that they should shop in their price range. But I understand falling in love with “THE doll.” I am always willing to discuss payments, but it never ends well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I guess I’ll go to Tesla dealership tomorrow and tell them that I fell in love with their car and see how that will work for me :rofl:

2 Likes