I don’t get it

Good to know I’m not alone! The top of the head is cute but that duck mouth… :rofl:

I actually think the sculpt looks an awful lot like a Real Baby, not perfect, but has lots of character. I mulled it over and decided NOT to purchase because of the 1/4 limbs. Not a fan of that.

I think he looks very realistic. But I would have to switch out arms. I think he would take a bottle very well.

I wish this kit has full limbs!!!

I love this baby and Rosalie :joy:
I have the twins too. They will be in my private collection. When I get my house life together after big girls party, I plan on taking more pictures. I love Chenza’s work. It is really hard to describe because it is not like other dolls. It’s like, I couldn’t decide if it was more dolly or more realistic but I think it is more realistic from the curves and movements on the legs and arms.

There are so many kits and artists, it’s okay to like whatever you Like. I just recently heard my work looks like still births and it did bother me but I just keep moving.

3 Likes

You Can’t be serious!!! :rage: that’s Not true. You keep making those gorgeous babies and don’t listen to anyone like that we should always be encouraging and if not say nothing.

3 Likes

I was sooo confused but hey, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Eye doctor again tomorrow. I am miss my art work!

I can’t wait to make this little chub a wub too :joy:

3 Likes

I usually love Chenza’s work as well! This one just isn’t for me, I guess. But that’s fine.

This baby is very clearly her style. And I can’t pinpoint what exactly makes it look like her style, but it absolutely does.

2 Likes

It definitely has her style of look. Even though it is a match to a real baby it also looks very much like a relative of all her other sculpts. I see that with artists. Like LLE and LTR babies all look related to each other to me. I agree that this baby’s mouth is good for bottle/paci/thumb. I think that is part of the reason she made his arms 1/4 so they can more easily be posed as a thumb sucker. Unfortunately, the lack of clothing options with the 1/4 arms makes him a turn off for many of us. The kit just cost too much for me to spend on a 1/4 arm baby that I may well want to change the arms out on.

3 Likes

No way!!! Your babies are beautiful!!

1 Like

I wish she would offer more options on the arms. I agree on the cost being to much to have to buy different arms. I see so many of the older kits that I love but pass because of this. I will settle for 3/4 arms but full legs is a must for me.

1 Like

Oh wow @Estelle85 that person must be blind… or have never seen what this actually looks like. Do not listen to them, your work is beautiful.

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

It made me a little sad but it is what it is.

1 Like

We put everything we have into our art and it is hurtful when people say ugly things. I remember someone calling my dolls creepy. It really made me feel bad at that time, but years later I do not care… not any more than all the people who are ready to buy them do. :smile:

1 Like

I think we’ve all been recipients of the ‘creepy ’ word.

I actually consider it a compliment. If someone were to look at my dolls and say ‘that’s a nice doll, some child will like that’. My response would be ‘doll? It’s not supposed to look like a doll’.

But when someone says ‘that’s really creepy’. My response ‘ thank you, this doll looks so realistic that it creeps you out. I’ve done my job well, thanks for the compliment. ‘

It’s all perspective.

10 Likes

I had someone to say that lol I got offended and deleted her. I guess I was a bit sensitive but to be honest it still bothers me.

2 Likes

True!

1 Like

The first time someone said that to me was 6 years ago when I first started painting. Here I was all happy and proud, so hearing this for the first time was shocking. Coming from people in my life, it was extra hurtful. I chatted about it here and was told that it’s common to hear all kinds of crazy stuff, so since them I don’t care. Delete or ignore and share with people who can appreciate them. :blush:

6 Likes