I don’t collect

I have to say that I am not a seller but a collector. I collect all the ones I make and I intend to keep all the ones waiting to be made by me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My family probably thinks I’m crazy buying my own baby, but I felt very compelled. It wasn’t even an option to not get her! And I got a good deal- she was $170 less than what I sold her for.

4 Likes

Me too! I was thinking, if something happened to me (God forbid), my dolls would be nowhere to be seen. We have art from relatives in our family that have passed and I couldn’t imagine my family not having things like that! So I think collecting, for me, is somewhat comforting for that reason alone.

3 Likes

I definitely have ideas about “Dream babies” but I wouldn’t allow myself to buy them unless I became some huge sensation and had a couple thou to drop on a baby :wink: I would love to have a high quality silicone baby one day.

2 Likes

He is super sweet. I saw him in the night owl thread. Maybe he will be yours?

2 Likes

It is amazing that as a collector, you make your own babies. What a win win! You are saving money and enjoying a hobby!

3 Likes

I’ve never made a baby to keep, I did try a new style type with Presley as a new new newborn but he’s not done so who knows how it’ll work out in the end lol
I can’t really afford to “keep” him…but maybe once he’s done…he just “won’t sell” so won’t have a choice lol :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

She is one that I’d want too!

1 Like

There you go! :wink:

1 Like

Aww thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

She’s here! And she came with a super cute box opening!

16 Likes

Awww! And look at Violet’s happy face! :heart_eyes:
I am glad that she feels better.

LOL, so you’ve got a great deal with a super sweet box opening!
Maybe it’s way to sell babies and then buy them back :wink:

2 Likes

YAY!!! Back home where she belongs!!! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes, I even got back her mouse lovey and leopard print blanket!

4 Likes

She is so sweet and so happy

Glad u were able to buy back and get great box opening also. She is so cute and make me smile u do great work and ur daughter smile made things little brighter as today is a rough day.

1 Like

Thanks! My littlest got her baby today as well! She was so so happy!

12 Likes

So sweet

1 Like

Your girls are so cute, I could just eat them up :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::wink:

Adorable! (You changed your forum name?) did the original buyer know that the original seller was buying her back?

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, I wanted the name to match my social media accounts. I left Reborns and I am totally relying on those outlets now.

The original buyer was happy to sell her back to me. I found her for sale on Instagram (she has a doll account) and told her I would love to have her back. I offered a trade first, but she wanted the money to put towards a doll she found. She was very generous because she wanted my daughter to have a fun box to open. It was fun to actually get a finished, decent quality doll in the mail :wink:

7 Likes