I am sooooo excited about making a baby!

Okay, NEVER say NEVER! After receiving a doll filled with dirt in a swap about 5 years ago, I swore off swaps for good. That was to be my one and only, never again, the end.

BUT…

I was so excited seeing all the beautiful Christmas babies and how happy everyone was to get their babies, that I got all fired up and joined the Easter Baby Swap…and I can hardly stand myself right now, I’m more excited about this swap than I ever dreamed I would be! Most of all, I’m excited to get my partner’s name and start making a baby for her!

I sort of feel like the Grinch, when his heart grew three sizes. :smiley:

Thank you @izzy, for being so awesome and staying on top of this and handling everything for us. I have no doubts at all that this swap will go great! :thumbsup:

19 Likes

So cool!!! I’m excited too :grin: can’t wait to find out who I will be reborning soon :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Me too Karen! I’ve never done a swap before and I’m really excited to see who I am matched up with and which kits they listed. Won’t be long now! Thanks so much Izzy for doing this!

2 Likes

I know!!! The Christmas swap was so fun!!! This is a BIG swap!!! It’s exciting! :heart:

2 Likes

No problem, Karen! I love seeing your excitement about this swap. :slight_smile: So many people signed up this time and it’s been a lot fun for me to put everything to together and look at all your beautiful babies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just wanted to mention that I got a chuckle out of the title this morning. LOL

And stealing a minute to ask:

Do you guys paint a different way to paint a boy? or do you just do the same thing as girl and wait til the end and decide girl or boy?

4 Likes

I usually see girl or boy as soon as I see the blank kit. I’m doing the Angel prototype contest and this one would be adorable as either so I’m torn.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see @jeanhai!!!

I thought it was you that had gotten the rotten baby way back and wondered about that when I saw you had signed up. Glad you got over that bad experience and signed up for this one. :slight_smile:
And I totally agree that @izzy is doing an awesome job!

4 Likes

Well, I figure once you’ve received a baby full of DIRT, the only way to go is UP from there, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I just know in my heart that this swap will be amazing and I’m so excited I can hardly stand myself! FINALLY…a reborn of my very own! :heart:

4 Likes

I share your excitement Karen, but my hubby is totally confused by this. I explained it to him this way…years ago he had a street rod (souped up old car) and we would go to street rod runs where there would be hundreds of other cars. Why did we go? To SEE other peoples work and appreciate the time spent at their craft ! He gets it now :wink:

5 Likes

YES! That’s it, exactly ~ seeing someone else’s work, knowing the time and effort they put into it, and that they made it especially for YOU, that’s the most special part of all! Honestly, I rarely get too excited about anything any more, but THIS…THIS has me very, very excited and full of anticipation! Can’t wait to find out who I’m making a baby for and which baby I’ll be making! JOY!!! :smile:

3 Likes

I’m with you on the excitement! Looking forward to getting my swap partner!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes